iPhone OS 3.1 Brings Video Editing to the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HiFiGuy528, Sep 13, 2009.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

The latest iPhone firmware update enables video editing on the iPod touch and iPhone 3G, according to Gioga23.

iSpazio notes that all you have to do is save a movie from your email. Then you will be able to cut and edit it directly from the camera roll and exactly like you would on 3GS.

You can watch this new feature in action below...

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5174

2. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Interesting.... Hum.... Steve said no camera for the Touch.

3. mpb2000 macrumors regular

Wonderful. Like I'm really going to email myself a video I could edit in iMovie and edit on a 3.5" screen. No offense, OP. It would be a nice feature, very useful, if the touch had a camera! It's just funny that you say that you can edit it "directly from the camera roll." I can't really edit it directly because I would have to take the video, transfer it to my computer, then transfer it to my ipod. Maybe even more proof apple was planning on having a camera on the touch.

4. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I think the idea of the OP is that this is proof that a camera was intended for the iPod Touch but I may be wrong.

5. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Correct! Otherwise there is no need for a video editing tool.

6. mpb2000 macrumors regular

Fair enough. But have we not established this already? How much more proof do we need? The touch was supposed to have a camera. The most amusing thing I think is Jobs getting up there and saying devices like the Flip are becoming very popular for getting videos on you tube and that "we want to get in on that." Hmmm. Let me see if I have this right: your attempt to get in on that is putting a video camera in the nano, which has no ability to connect to the internet or edit video, instead of putting it on the touch which can do both. I refuse to believe that apple is stupid enough to purposely leave a camera out of the touch when their intent is to get people to buy their products to get videos to you tube.

7. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I just tried it and it works! I can't wait to have an iPod Touch with video camera.