iPhone OS 3.1 littered with problems and bugs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khryz, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Ever since I upgraded to 3.1, my phone has been freaking out. Genius Mixes is so bugged that now album artworks of regular artists show up as the album art for a Mix in Genius Mixes. Not only that, but various bands I have had switched album's artworks around. This happened to about a dozen of my bands that I've noticed so far but I'm sure it's more.

Mail app seems to crazy so much more and just black-out so that I have to restart the phone to re-access Mail.

I dunno guys .. am I alone here? Is this stuff happening to anyone else? I want to go back to the last update before 3.1. This sucks.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Well you mention two issues you're having. How is that littered with problems and bugs?

Not a fanboy - and you have what appears to be a valid concern - but let's skip hyperbole to get a thread read, shall we?

That being said - do a search. There are already several threads discussing 3.1 issues. So asking if you're alone here is a bit on the silly side if you bothered to read the first page of threads.

3. JoshVB macrumors regular

It's certainly unfortunate when you run into problems with any device. While I'm not here posting to say that there are no issues with 3.1 - I would like to say that I haven't had any issues or noticed anything strange on my 3GS.

No lockups, app crashes or weirdness here.

JVB

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't use the genius feature, so I cannot comment on that, but I've had zero problems with the mail app.

I can't see how this would equate to 3.1 littered with problems and bugs. Quite the contrary 3.1 address and corrects a number of issues related to 3.0 OS.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Have you tried doing a DFU restore and setting it up as a new iPhone? Most problems with upgraded OS are not bugs in the OS but problems with the upgrade. A fresh install is always best.