iPhone OS 3 bluetooth lag

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gisrael622, Jun 17, 2009.

1. gisrael622 macrumors newbie

I ordered the Motorola S9 HD (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...phones/MOTOROKR-S9-HD-Stereo-Headphones-US-EN) for the my iphone 3g and it came in today just in time for os 3. I got everything installed and working, then tryed the headset out... The quality was amazing and i was so happy until the first pause. Then i played for a few more seconds and then another second or so pause in the music. Now i am frustrated... any suggestions on why?:mad::confused:

2. rafael mati macrumors newbie

Bluetooth problems

Good thing you can connect. I cant even connect with my iphone over bluetooth. When i open my bluetooth settings on my iphone and turn it on, it takes forever for the iphone to search for devices. I was able to pair my macbook unibody with the phone but thats it. i cant do anything with it even when they are paired. Worst, my iphone with its new OS3 cant find other bluetooth devices. anyone else have this problem? could it be a hardware issue? HELP!:(

3. imelv macrumors newbie

Bluetooth lag when watching video

I had the same problem as you Rafael. What my iphone did was recognize the Motorola S9 and took forever to connect to it. So what I did was to make the iPhone forget the Motorola S9 and then re-connect it. And it worked. The bluetooth connection shouldn't take longer than a minute.

Some quirks I've experienced:

1. When I was listening to music via the S9, someone called. The music faded away and I was able to talk with my friend placing the iphone mic near me whilst listening to him thru the S9. But when the call ended and I resumed the music and when the phone went into standby, the music will go all jerky. So I disconnected and reconnected the S9 and all's fine.

2. This is the problem I need help with. When I watch videos on my iphone with my S9, there's a lag. Probably 1-2seconds and that's very noticeable. If I'm not wrong, this should be expected. But I see Motorola selling bluetooth headsets with adapters for bluetooth connectivity with iPods so I wonder if this problem would crop up with those products. If so, what's the point of buying those (unless it's solely for listening to music)?

4. ASFx macrumors regular

I paired my jaybird bluetooth headphones with my iphone and tried to play a video, and the audio now lags about 1/2 second behind the video. This never happened before the 3.0 update. I tested this with videos i've downloaded from itunes as well as videos i've ripped from dvds using handbrake and had the same result. Very disappointed in this bug. It should have easily been discovered in the beta tests.

5. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Any news on this front? I have just purchased the S9 HD's and am reconsidering as there is an audio lag watching movies and playing games. Also my old S9's would default to the right ear for voice calls but the S9 HD's use both ears for voice calla? Kinda odd? But voice control works from them, that's the only plus.
    Is there any way to fix the lag? And don't get me started on the comfort, these things hurt my ears. And will Apple ever support the forward abc back seacking controls?

Sorry for ranting, just want to fix the lag before I decide to return them!!:mad: