Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qcom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Hello everyone,

When I connect my iPhone (running the OS4 Beta 3) to my iMac (running Leopard) and try to sync my phone, including backing it up, it gives me the following prompt EVERY TIME:

iTunes could not back up the iPhone "_____ iPhone" because the iPhone refused the request.

And I hit OK. I would really like to fix this problem, as before I upgrade to Beta 3, I would really like to back up all of my data. The problem is, I hear the only fix is to download the newest Xcode, which only works on the Snow Leopard operating system.. I wouldn't necessarily mind upgrading, because I'm going to be selling this iMac soon anyway, and it should give me an extra mark up value..

But, in the mean time, is there any way to back up this iPhone without upgrading to Snow Leopard on my iMac?

Thanks!

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

When I connect my iPhone (running the OS4 Beta 3) to my iMac (running Leopard) and try to sync my phone, including backing it up, it gives me the following prompt EVERY TIME:

iTunes could not back up the iPhone "_____ iPhone" because the iPhone refused the request.

And I hit OK. I would really like to fix this problem, as before I upgrade to Beta 3, I would really like to back up all of my data. The problem is, I hear the only fix is to download the newest Xcode, which only works on the Snow Leopard operating system.. I wouldn't necessarily mind upgrading, because I'm going to be selling this iMac soon anyway, and it should give me an extra mark up value..

But, in the mean time, is there any way to back up this iPhone without upgrading to Snow Leopard on my iMac?

Thanks!

Not while it's running an OS 4.0 beta.

Upgrade to Snow Leopard, or downgrade your iPhone OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.