iPhone OS 4.0 Beta Install Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChazB, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ChazB macrumors member

Very basically, I can't get the 4.0 Beta 1 OS to install. My phone's UUID is registered, I updated iTunes on the mac to the latest version, and I have the ipsw file for the 4.0 OS. When I try to restore in iTunes, it gets to the point where the install bar on my phone's screen starts to fill, but it hangs at the beginning and doesn't move. I left it for over 30 min. My only thought is that the Mac I was using doesn't have the SDK installed; does it need to be? If not; any ideas? I've already tried downloading the ipsw twice from different sources.

2. rbodman macrumors newbie

os 4 install

In order to get os 4 to install on my 3gs, I had to leave the iPhone connected to my MacBook and iTunes over night. It looked as though everything was frozen for hours, then it finally installed.

The real problem is the bugginess. My iPhone will not sync with iTunes any more. It gets error 27 and says it cannot sync.

The phone itself is unbelievably slow to change anything.

While it it has nice features, I would not install 4.0 at this first beta level

My phone with legitimate developer license is bricked.