iPhone OS 4.0 Preview?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaryMacGuy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. CaryMacGuy macrumors 6502a

CaryMacGuy

So we have just been introduced to the iPad in January (which carries iPhone OS 3.2). Do you think that we will see the introduction and preview of iPhone OS 4.0 in March (as has been the case the last 2 years).

I really hope we do, I am interested to see what the future of my iPhone is.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

be looking at june when they introduce the new iPhone would be a best bet to see a preview of the new OS...... there was a preview of the OS in march last 2 years? I only remember apple showing it off in june when they announce the iPhone

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Yep, since 2.0 they've done an event to announce the new OS in March and seed it to developers with the hardware being revealed at an event in June. It's only a couple years of data but it seems highly likely for Apple to continue following that pattern.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Surely as expected they will preview 4.0 in March. Along with the event, there will be iPad talk or about sales (depending on the date of the Event).

Apple usually just announces events about a week or less, so don't worry about there not being an event - its almost necessary to ensure hype and to inform devs.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

in march they usually announce the os then they seed it to developers after the meeting in the meeting they will go over key features and stuff

7. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

I bet I can't wait more...

8. dranakin macrumors 6502

The moment of truth for me. If 4.0 is worth it, I'll stick around on horrible AT&T instead of jumping on an Android-powered Verizon phone.

9. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I guess I'm not real sure what additional features I'd like to see in iPhone OS 4.0 except possibly multi-tasking. It would be nice to listen to Pandora in the background while browsing the web. But other than that I'm not real sure what I'd want. I'm in line to get an upgrade in September and will more than likely get the latest and greatest then. For the iPhone 4.0 itself, I would like to see something smaller and thinner (especially if I get an iPad, which I probably will).

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I really hope not. The current iPhone is the perfect size (my opinion, of course) and feels great in my hand. Any thinner would be uncomfortable.

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

well thats me told lol I honestly can only remember january and june announcments

12. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

I'm truly curious about OS 4.0. I'm wondering if they plan to overhaul it or tweak it. While they keep the black background with the grid of apps on it? Will they include the ability for widgets? Smaller app icons? Custom wallpaper for the springboard?

I realllllllly want to know the answer to questions like that.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This. I've been using an iPad wallpaper with Shrink from Cydia and it looks worlds better.

14. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Can you take a pic of it by any chance? I'd love to see how that looks. I tried to youtube it and saw some vids of people using Shrink. Looks great. Such a small thing can make such a big difference.

And if the screen was better it would be even more epic.

15. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

There ya go
    [​IMG]

16. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Looks pretty slick and cool. Thanks for sharing! :)

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This is almost what I have. I dropped the icon names and the page dots and my dock is a little different.

Which theme are you using? I like yours better.

18. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Ah there it is. Looks pretty damn good. Would look even awesome-er with a widget at the top =(

19. rogelio1017 macrumors member

Thank you! I will be an official Iphone user on tuesday!

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Well good on you for visiting ahead of time. That way when you do come for help you'll know where to go and who to ignore. ;)