Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by James.123, Apr 14, 2010.
You guys think we will see a second beta as soon as tomorrow?
Who knows. Past years only saw weekly updates when it came much closer to release with biweekly updates earlier on so I'd expect it next Thurs
wow, tomorrow is kind of pushing it.. I dont think we will see it tomorrow.. IF anything im guessing this weekend or early next week..
I think it might be too early for beta 2 but I'm still hopeful. Last year they typically released beta updates every 2 weeks. I'm really hoping they release beta 2 very soon though. beta 1 is extremely unstable. I just downgraded back to 3.1.3.
How exactly did you downgrade? The only problem I have is I cannot backup via iTunes which is kinda bugging me.
I couldn't backup on 4.0 as well. All i did to downgrade was connect the phone into my mac and do a shift restore and point it at the 3.1.3 firmware I then got restore error 1015. I then ran blackra1n on my mac this left the phones screen blank. I held down home and power until it rebboted. When it had rebooted i was on the slide for emergency screen for 3.1.3.
As I understand it, the backup only works if you have the SDK installed..
It certainly works for me.
I am also led to believe that a new version of iTunes is forthcoming to solve the issue where a sync removes and folders you have created
I havent downloaded the new SDK yet, Ill give that a shot.
I had to downgrade as some apps i used regularly were force closing. But this is expected in a beta.
To downgrade I followed the steps outlined in this thread.
So far I have not had any issues syncing with iTunes. I'll test it more when I get home tonight.
I have been afraid to sync my phone with os 4 because I spent hours putting all my apps into special folders. Some of you said that it works, does that mean that you can sync folders. I have the SDK. Cant wait for the next beta!! Anyone else get weird photos when using the new zoom feature?
Just a head up, folders remain intact after upgrading to Beta 2.
Only issue there is now a prompt for you to set a new passcode.
Other works just fine.
Even the wallpaper for background and lock screen remain intact.
Just make sure you backup before updating.
So do I option click restore or update?
I think I am going to skip this beta because of the camera issues but I assume I will have the same problem when I try beta 3. I get an error 3002 after option clicking update, selecting the file and verifying
That's not really an option, unfortunately. Beta 1 will expire before Beta 3 is released and you'll be forced to upgrade (or downgrade to 3.1.3).
Option restore and choose the ipsw package.
Of course it will ask you to restore from backup,choose the correct option then ok
When do you think we 'll see beta 3?
Wish it was today but I doubt it. Probably next week.
Anyone think we'll get Beta 3 today? I am going out of town tomorrow and would like to get rid of some of these bugs. I tried going back to OS3 but it would not take. Could not verify my phone or something... they even tried at the Apple store.