iPhone OS 4 finally brings multitasking!

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
4.0 brings multitasking

bout bloody time lol and i do love the way they are implamenting it

credit to engadget for image

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
and the best part is that it looks like its not a stripped down version of it either. it looks like you can multitask any app and any number of apps. looks very well done.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Yawn, I've had multitasking for like ever. Bring us something new!
Yeah but there's liek 70 million users who never heard of jailbreak or had multitasking so get off your high horse, let people enjoy to be a d***

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
The jailbreak method looks more user-friendly too.
Definitely :) Backgrounder+Kirikae FTW!

Yeah but there's liek 70 million users who never heard of jailbreak or had multitasking so get off your high horse, let people enjoy to be a d***
Ok, chill out. It'll be ok. I'm probably just going to pull a Spaz on this update and stay where I'm at. Enjoy your multitasking! ;)

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Definitely :) Backgrounder+Kirikae FTW!

Ok, chill out. It'll be ok. I'm probably just going to pull a Spaz on this update and stay where I'm at. Enjoy your multitasking! ;)
This way of multitasking is MUCH better then the jailbreak version. This way will not affect battery life or responsiveness even half as much as the jailbreak version does. You can just background the important parts of apps instead of keep the whole GUI in the background. Stick to your jailbreak though if you believe it really is better.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I'm actually quite excited about this update. I'll be more excited once there's a JB for it (because I like to customize my UI probably waaay too much), but the included functionality is looking really good thus far.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Correct me if I'm wrong, for all intents purposes, this is not multitasking.

the state of the minimized app is remember and is picked back up when you switch back to it. Correct???

the only exception is background audio.