iPhone OS install option unavailable in XCode 3.2.1

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by El-Presidente, Jun 16, 2009.

1. El-Presidente macrumors newbie

I just downloaded XCode and the iPhone OS option wasn't available when I installed it, but I did anyway. So now it can't start projects under that category. I have no idea what to do, I did the reinstall part and it's still an unavailable option. Is there a side one I can install or how do I fix this?
    [​IMG]

2. El-Presidente thread starter macrumors newbie

my mistake

I meant to say the iPhone SDK option was unavailable, but the entire download is called iPhone SDK so it makes little sense to me :confused:

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

wait is xcode 3.2.1 the xcode for snow leopard? because there was a separate build of the iphone sdk for snow leopard. i thought the latest version of xcode (with iPhone SDK) for leopard was 3.1.3 but i might be wrong.

4. El-Presidente thread starter macrumors newbie

don't think so

it says you need an intel based mac running 10.5.3 or something or higher. I have 10.5.6, but i don't know if it's intel-based, could that be why? i just deleted xcode and restarted the download in hopes that this time it will work. it's 1.7 gb tho, fuuck

5. El-Presidente thread starter macrumors newbie

6. El-Presidente thread starter macrumors newbie

fizzuck

it's not intel-based, that's the problem.

7. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

you can still get it work if its not intel based, follow these instructions:
    http://www.iphonexe.com/blog/?p=51 and http://www.diskordia.ch/blog/?p=79
    However, you cannot test your app on the device with 3.0, so that might be a problem for you. If anyone knows how to test your 3.0 app on the actual device with ppc, can you PLEASE post here.