iPhone/OSX integration - anything good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deosaa7, Jun 15, 2011.

1. deosaa7 macrumors member

One of my good friends had the same Android phone as me (Samsung Galaxy) he then got a Macbook Air. He then got an iPhone 4 as an early upgrade citing the integration between iOS and OSX makes it worth it. I recently did the same thing..eligible for an upgrade I got a white iPhone 4 and I just got my MacBook Pro a couple days ago for graduate school.

I haven't noticed any novel integration features different from using Windows 7 with my old iPhone 3GS. Can some illuminate to me if there is anything different/cool/useful with having an iPhone 4 AND OSX in terms of integration? When I stick my phone to USB iTunes pops up just as it does in Windows..

2. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've never used an iPhone with window but the main thing I like us how fluid the integration is, from little things like syncing safari bookmarks automatically to iTunes not being a complete d*ck. The iPhone to me seems like it fits in better with os x compared to windows, especially with the upcoming lion upgrade

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

This is a widely experienced truth. Apple's version of both Safari and iTunes for PC's is not very good. They only did it so PC users would give Apple money for an iPhone.

I know I have both PC's and Macs, running Apple software on a PC is lunacy.

4. deosaa7 thread starter macrumors member

I did notice iTunes behaves itself on OSX it is positively HORRID on Win7

5. gofightlose macrumors member

gofightlose

As of now, I would say the experience is really similar on both systems. However, with icloud coming out, these devices will be more tightly integrated. Things like contacts, calendar, music, photos. As of now, photos were the only thing specifically mentioned to work with Windows.

6. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

iTunes on Windows 7 has always been flawless for me, I have no idea what you guys are babbling about. :D

7. ds1234 macrumors newbie

I think it's worth mentioning Mail, iCal, Contacts and iPhoto. An iPhone is not meant to be an iPod Touch that makes calls but a device that connects your life. When you plug your iPhone into your Mac it syncs all of the things I mentioned, not just your music and apps. If you try Using these apps on your Mac you will notice how nice it is to have the two of them together. Also, the iPhone puts a geographical location with each pic so when you connect it to iPhoto it'll show on the map where ur pics were taken. It is possible to get all of these features using Windows, but it is time consuming and frustrating. Like they say, "It just works". Lion will make it to where you don't even have to plug it in to enjoy all of that.