iPhone OTG USB drive recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, May 4, 2016.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I have a SanDisk WiFi stick, which is basically a micro SD in a USB stick which has WiFi. Works fine can stream from it and copy to iPhone/iPad etc.

Just seen these Lexar OTG lightning cable that has inbuilt memory, no power needed can copy to/from and stream via app. I'm in UK.
    http://www.lexar.com/jumpdrive-c20i#

Wonder if anyone has one, comments etc? Any others about? Like the look of this as it's small, easy to carry, no battery, can use as a charging cable also (although small yes)

Thanks

2. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

I just saw that as well and have the same questions. Thought this would be the answer to my dilemma of using CarPlay instead of a dedicated iPod in the car and would allow me to still have my entire music library in the car. However hpfor that to work, the music stored on the device had to be accessible through Siri.

Would also solve the dilemma each year when buying the new iPhone as to how much storage to buy. This would allow me to always buy the smallest size, and not pay the high incremental costs for the additional storage in the phone, and still have my music collection in the car