iPhone other!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Blaster13, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Blaster13 macrumors 6502

Blaster13

so after turning Apple Music on ever since Iv had an other folder that shows on memory when plugged into iTunes. This has steadily got bigger and bigger and currently sits at around 5gb. Anyone have this issue? Iv deleted phone numerous occasions set up as new all sorts and it's still there. Just wondering what else I can do.

2. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

3. Blaster13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Blaster13

Yeah Iv done all that did put set up as new all sorts. Literally done everything I can think off apart from taking it back to apple. :/

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Restore as NEW didn't fix it? that's odd. I remember I deleted 5GB of music off my iphone and it reported 5GB other on iTunes which leads me to believe the "Other" category includes deleted items. Also, do you have a lot of text messages with photos or other media attached to them?

5. Blaster13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Blaster13

not since i restored as new ;/ its something todo iCloud music might turn it off

6. alphonseM macrumors member

- try turning off iCloud Photos and see if that helps
    - This piece of software may also help you get an overview of what is taking up space
    http://www.imobie.com/phoneclean/

7. Blaster13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Blaster13

iCloud is my next step props try turn it all off and see what each one do's. Iv turned Apple Music off. And I've just downloaded that seems Apple Music has put a ton of album art work on my phone.

8. Sare2514 macrumors newbie

Sare2514