iPhone Outsells BlackBerry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trajectory, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Full story is here.

2. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

This needs to be taken in context -- apple released the new iPhone during Q3, whereas blackberry will be releasing its new models during Q4. New models = increased sales.

3. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Comedy.

Enterprise customers aren't going to be "moving on" from RIM anytime soon.

The iPhone is poor in the enterprise environment compared to RIM devices.

:cool:

5. hihater macrumors member

So bloody what, Apple has 1 phone, last time I checked blackberry not only has more phones, they also sell in more markets than Apple in more markets, stop making excuses.

6. markgamber macrumors 6502

LOL....true dat. Not to mention Blackberry sales aren't sky high because everyone already has one. I can walk through my local mall any time of day, any day of the week, and see half a dozen Blackberries. Meanwhile, I have yet to see a single iPhone outside of mine and those in the Apple store. I'd imagine if iPhone's weren't outselling Blackberry, they'd probably be pulled from the shelves and deep-sixed.

7. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

that isnt entirely true.
    cheaper models usually = increased sales.
    where as the black berry pearl, plus the curve, plus the new flip, plus this and plus that should have = more than the iphone.

the motorola razr = huge sales, based on the low cost of the phone.

jd powers doesnt rate it on dollar amounts but of units sold.

i am still surprised at this release because i couldnt not see the iphone replacing much of the business scene anytime soon.
    i feel sorry for those businesses...

8. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Looks like you're wrong ... friendo!
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=597773

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I wonder how many people who bought an iPhone, no longer have an iPhone. We sold one of ours and bought a BlackBerry. I'll be buying a Bold as well and then selling my own iPhone. Been there done that.

10. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Ha! that's funny. I know people that have sold their blackberries to buy iPhones.
    I wonder who's making more profit.

11. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

All the iPhone forums are full of people who gave up the iPhone for different reasons so they are out there.

12. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

BB rule - iPhone still has a lot of catching up to do in terms of reliability. I work in a place with no phone lines, so my mobile is my only means of communication (even my internet is via a USB 3G dongle).

And I agree with the above post that there are many people waiting for the new BBs to come out, and when they do the sales will go up again.

13. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

i dont think this really means anything. wow so the iphone is outselling the ancient (in cell phone terms) curve and pearl? big deal. with the bold and storm being released there will be more serious competition.

14. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Does anyone know how much the Bold and Storm are supposed to cost, and when they are coming out?

Will the Storm have the same $30 data plan as the iPhone? Has anyone heard anything?

15. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

the bold is already out. i think its $300 with a 2 year contract. data plan should be the same cost as the iphone 3G.

the storm is not out yet and is going to cost $199 with MIR and a 2 year contract. not entirely sure but i think the storm will also have a $30 data plan.

16. hihater macrumors member

Right and all the iphone forums are full of people giving up their blackberries for iphones which is why the storm came out, Apple is also raking in billions from the iphone, they are even making more money off iphone than RIM makes off blackberries.

17. hihater macrumors member

LOL, which is why a survey just came out saying iphones are more reliable than blackberries, did you eve see the JD Power study.

18. hihater macrumors member

Right also include the Bold in the statement, which was the phone some said RIM was releasing to come and knock off the iphone, none we have to wait for the storn. :rolleyes:

19. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Thanks for the reply. I actually just looked at the AT&T website - it says "The Bold is finally here."
    Doesn't that create a problem if the Bold costs more than the Storm? Isn't the Storm supposed to be much better than the Bold? Hmmm. :confused:

20. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

One quarter means nothing unless one is the fanboy type, then one would think the second coming is upon us. Wake me up when iPhones outsell RIM devices for two years.

Until then, the piss poor encryption of Exchange Activesync, the lack of real enterprise management of devices, and the requiremenet to use craptunes will keep the iPhone as a consumer device with minimal enterprise adoption (like the macbook air).

Considering the 3G was just released, the bulk of sales were in the 3rd quarter and will drop off fast considering the majority of these sales were not to enterprise customers but macbook toting hybrid drivers.

:p