iPhone Outside?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groove-agent, Jul 7, 2007.

1. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

groove-agent

Hi all, sorry if this has been already discussed. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

How is the iPhone outside? Can you still see the screen? How about on a sunny day.

Thanks.

2. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Visible in direct sunlight.

If you can't see the phone outside, hit the sleep/wake button to lock it, then unlock it and the brightness should adjust to compensate for the sunlight.

3. iStrat macrumors member

Rain?

I wonder how it does in the rain. Who wants to try it out?

4. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    My test in the rain...

I simulated rain in the shower and tried calling someone. It made an odd sparking sound then shocked me, but finally it went black. I hope Apple doesn't have a way to check for water damage :p

Oh wait...I would never do that! When I did get a call in the rain tho, it worked surprisingly well, and it didn't get wet (much) !

5. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

6. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I also have used it in direct sunlight. The auto adjust puts the brightness of the screen to the highest it can go, and it is very visable. To save battery I turned it all the way down, and it still was visable.

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If you have it in automatic brightness it will dim accordingly. The screen does not have that bad of glare.