Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
However... Several months, and a $200 price drop later... BASIC features that any low-end phone (MMS) would have, and features that any other PDA (Copy and paste) would have, and accessories an ipod (car adaptor) would have... have failed to materialize. Instead apple continues to aggressively market this product world wide while ignoring these blatantly basic missing features.

The iPhone has a gorgeous display, it has been a tremendous hit on vacations to view all the photos from that day in clear resolution (see also pinching, rotation). Explain why I want a RAZR quality MMS from a friend that may utilize 40% of my widescreen?

Apple redefined the 'interface' of a mobile phone. Why would you ask they have the ordinary available. Cut and paste functionality was poorly conceived on every smart phone I've owned.

The iPhone is a GSM device. It works with my tape deck and FM adapter; the latter however is susceptible to GSM interference every 5 minutes. Thank you Apple for appreciating the limits of the best iPod ever, rather than capitalizing on poor accessories!

ortuno2k

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2005
Hollywood, FL
At first I was one of those who relentlessly talk @#$(&! about the iPhone, but shortly after its release I found myself looking and looking at them.
I ended up buying and using one - and LOVING it! Of course, there are a few quirks here and there, but Apple has done well to address them, and keep improving it.
I concur!

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
iPhone is fantastic. I love mine.

It is a true productivity tool.

Older Blackberries and Treos cannot compare day to day.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
The iPhone does fall short in a few areas, that is for sure, but it is still a great phone. Is it worthy of a 9.1 out of 10? Probably not. I actually took this survey and since taking it I would probably drop a few things a little. I think the iPhone deserves something like an 8.5/10. Lack of a few features that I now would like to have such as MMS would drop my score down. I did not mind not having this at first, but as my friends continue to send me media messages, going to viewmymessage.com is getting old. I also continue to not like the phone volume and even though some Safari crashing is to be expected, it still seems to happen too often.

That said, with the addition of only a few new features and fixes I think the iPhone could easily come back with an average rating of over a 9.5 and possibly very close to a 10. And for comparison purposes, I would have rated my old razr somewhere around a 5.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've only ever used the iPod Touch and I want an iPhone :eek: I'm big on touch screen interfaces. soon as I get one of those babies I won't be going back! Hope they make land line versions :) a DECT iPhone would be hot.

carcassone

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
And the #1 reason Time picked the iPhone as the innovation of the year ...

The iPhone is pretty.

Need we say more?

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I cannot stand other phones

I used Treos for years. I did not fully appreciate what a miserable phone it was until I got an iPhone. There is simply nothing else like it. I have never had a problem, battery life is great, and every day I marvel at its industrial design.

pinksatin

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
columbus.ohio
Perfect in every way...

I cannot believe how perfect apple was at executing this product... even the things its missing don't matter... because the things it has are so amazing and useful, I don't care about having any other features...

After almost 5 months... have there even been any substantial issues with the iphone?

yayaba

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I used Treos for years. I did not fully appreciate what a miserable phone it was until I got an iPhone. There is simply nothing else like it. I have never had a problem, battery life is great, and every day I marvel at its industrial design.

About the industrial design... seriously, I agree. I'm not one to fawn over electronics but damn, when I actually stop to look at my iPhone (which I've had since July), it still amazes me how good the damn thing looks. They really did a killer job on the aesthetics.

askthedust

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2003
enlightenment
switched from a treo 650

had a trusty treo 650 and 5th gen video sold both to buy iphone after price drop. I have zero interest in any other phone after using my iphone for 2 months. they listened to the zune users about buying direct which i love itunes wifi. my one solid complaint echoed by many other people here is the headphone jack. Have several kinds of phones and have to use stupid belkin adapter with them. Does belkin really need my 10 bucks that badly?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
had a trusty treo 650 and 5th gen video sold both to buy iphone after price drop. I have zero interest in any other phone after using my iphone for 2 months. they listened to the zune users about buying direct which i love itunes wifi. my one solid complaint echoed by many other people here is the headphone jack. Have several kinds of phones and have to use stupid belkin adapter with them. Does belkin really need my 10 bucks that badly?
I got an adapter from eBay that is much better than the stiff belkin unit. It is just a short cable extension with the proper size plug on it.

MacInTO

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2005
Canada, eh!
iPhone is fantastic. I love mine.

It is a true productivity tool.

Older Blackberries and Treos cannot compare day to day.
I too thought the iPhone was fantastic - and very cool. IMHO, it is definitely better than the BB but not better than the Palm Treo.

I found that my Palm Treo (650) had more functionality for the things that I use it for most including:

Opening/Editing/Creating MS Office documents (with Docs To Go);
SMS Text was better on Treo (I can text multiple people, forward messages, save sender to address book)
Calendar feature was easier to use on Treo (IMHO); I like the colour coding on the Treo.
I also like being able to use SD cards in my Treo.

I sold my iPhone after two weeks. I'm confident it will get better; I'll get another one when it does.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
I got my iPhone in August and LOVE it! It's a great phone and PDA... one of the best I've ever had. I agree with one of the other comments... anyone who bashes the iPhone does not have one or can't afford one. Like my brother in-law who tried to convince people at a family gathering that the iPhone was horrible... everyone hates them and business people won't use them. He even cited that the Web Browsing was sub-standard! I was in tears with laughter by the time he was done. Just so happened that someone else at the party had a Blackberry and we compared browsers/phones... the Backberry owner went off wanting an iPhone and my brother in-law... he just sort of left the conversation. Odd??? :)

I can't wait for custom applications!!! Then we'll be rock'n!

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
Well those who are going to put down the money for the iPhone better love it. I know I have read some reports of people going back to their old smartphones after getting the iPhone but for the most part the majority of people I have talked to who have gotten the iPhone love it, then again most of those people love just about anything that Apple puts out :)

Xtgirl

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
One thing that I now take for granted is the ability to see the screen in the DAYLIGHT....I could never see anything on my old cell phones...

The only thing that would get me to switch is an iPhone on Verizon... reception is my only complaint and that isn't Apple's problem.

Love mine!

terraforce

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
An affair to remember!

I recon my iPhone is fantastic.

I recently finished converting some music video's into MP4 "widescreen" using
Xilisoft's iPhone Video Converter, and the iphone plays them brilliantly.

The only downside to owning an iPhone from a personal point of view, is that when I have shown it to some people at work, they quickly pull out their own mobiles and show me a video on their tiny "give me a magnifying glass to see" screens. One guy, after a few seconds of seeing my iPhone, pulled out his Motorola and started telling me how great it is.

I must say: I'm having a hell of a great time with people like that.

It's only the first generation iPhone, and just have a "look & feel" at how brilliant it really is, if you have one that is, but if you don't ever desire to own one, then you can just continue to rubbish the hell out of it through your own ignorance :D: apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.