iPhone Owners: Who's Buying The New Nano?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Sep 11, 2009.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

Just wondering if anyone is tempted to shell out for an FM, pedometer capable player? If you are, 8gig or 16?

I'm tempted myself...damn Apple!

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

16GB, Orange, if I do, but not for me, for my girlfriend.

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Lucky girl. Thanks but I meant to start this for people who wants to keep the Nano for themselves...sorry. ;)

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I think I probably will. I always use the nano in the car and for races (half-marathons...it's a hell of a lot lighter than the iPhone, though the phone's normally what I train with); plus, I'm diggin' the new green.

I'm hoping my dad gets my mom one of the new nanos for her birthday (today), but if he doesn't, I might give her my old one instead.

5. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I have the 4th gen Nano and I think I may get the new one too.

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Oh trust me, I've thought about it. ;)
    I might just might get one for myself. If I did, which im tempted, Id get an 8GB in black or blue.

7. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

8gig seems to be the best/reasonable choice for current iPhone owners like us.

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Forgot to add...I'll probably get the 16GB. Just 'cause. :D

9. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

8GIG, don't really know what color yet though.
    Just need something for the car.

10. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha...now you're tempting me to get it too, :D

11. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

I'm definitely tempted to get the new 8GB. Not sure what color, though. I've been wanting to get a nano to use with my Nike+. Now that it has a slightly bigger screen, video camera, and a littler cheaper, it makes the decision all that much easier.

On a side note, does anybody know of any deals that Apple is running where you get an iPod for free with the purchase of a Mac? I always like to take advantage of those deals.

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

if i have an iphone, what is the point of buying a Nano? i can already get almost every radio station in the US on my iphone.

13. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I always figure, if the price difference is less than about $60, why not? Besides, I've got $30 in Best Buy Reward Zone certificates to kill, so clearly that is a sign that I must have a new 16 GB nano right this instant.

14. cbflip2000 macrumors regular

I just got a 16 gb blue iPod nano. I figured it was worth the extra $30 to double the space since we can use it as a flash drive too.

15. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I have a 32Gb iPhone 3GS, and I just picked up a new 16Gb Green nano and a new 4Gb Shuffle. Each device is completely full with music, but there are specific places that I use each device. There are places (like the gym) that I don't want to use my iPhone due to risk of sweat/dropping (I'm a competitive powerlifter, so lots of weights moving around to potentially smash the phone), so I use the Nano or the Shuffle here. I don't really care about the video aspect of the Nano, but I do love the FM aspect of it. I know that seems really weird on an mp3 player, but I like a lot of the local stations, and can now listen to them at work quietly. And as part of my typical "getting dressed" routine each morning, I clip the Shuffle to my shirt collar, so that I always have some form of music with me at work/wherever. It's so small and plain looking that it doesn't stand out or look out of place clipped to my shirt during meetings/etc. This is actually the 2nd 3rd Gen Shuffle I've had. And I've loved the 3rd Gen Shuffle, despite the the headphone controls. I just picked up the Belkin 3rd Gen Shuffle headphone adapter a few weeks ago at the Apple Store, so now I can use my $450 Westone headphones with both my Shuffles, which makes it a great, tiny mp3 player.

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Gah, the Best Buy near me hadn't gotten them in yet, though the dude I talked to thinks maybe on tonight's truck. I'll probably check one more BB on the way to the gym.

It was funny--the guy came over and asked me if he could help me with something, I'm assuming because he saw me leaning over the display, craning my head to see if I could see the camera on the back of the display units. lol

17. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I'm tempted to purchase a nano but I can't really justify it. I purchased both a Classic and a shuffle earlier this year. Still, I see a orange/blue/green nano in my future. :eek: I'm thisclose to parting with the cash.

I would get the 16GB

18. christyn macrumors 6502a

I'd have to agree with this.

19. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I just can't justify it. I really, really love new gadgets. But, my 32GB 3Gs has all of these things already. And there's nothing wrong with my old ipods (I use them in the car, around the house)

So I am going to have to pass on this.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I want to but I can't. I shouldn't. But I like the blue one lots.

21. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Depends on how you use it. I do a lot of running and wouldn't want to carry my iphone around...too heavy. So, if you aren't using it for exercise then keep the iphone with you and forget the nano.

22. Harman M macrumors member

Do you record yourself doing heavy lifting? No? Ok.

23. tandersn9 macrumors member

24. Cartoonkid macrumors 6502

Cartoonkid

If I didn't already have a 4th gen 16GB Nano, then I'd seriously consider it.

25. tealeafx macrumors newbie

tealeafx

It's very very tempting, will look nice alongside my 4th generation 20GB iPod