Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
I got two Iphones X a while back and just paid them off. Phone bill is about to drop by about $85 a month and apparently you HAVE to prove every year you are military to get their $30 discount. So all in all our sprint bill about to drop by about $115ish!!

And I do not see myself or my wife upgrading for another year or two as I don't see any great improvements in what's expected to come out.

Reactions: QueenTyrone

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Since your iPhones are paid off, you can also get them unlocked. Are you satisfied with Sprint? Since you are intending to keep what you have, there are SO many plans that are much cheaper, especially on other networks. For example, AT&T or Verizon prepaid. Both have awesome deals going on right now. Double Data with Verizon and promo plans with AT&T, of which tiered data plans rollover (AT&T only) whatever you have left into the next bill cycle. Both offer multi-line and auto pay discounts.

Prepaid doesn’t offer military discounts but even without, you’d still be saving quite a bit of money.

JohnnyGo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2009
I got two Iphones X a while back and just paid them off. Phone bill is about to drop by about $85 a month and apparently you HAVE to prove every year you are military to get their $30 discount. So all in all our sprint bill about to drop by about $115ish!!

And I do not see myself or my wife upgrading for another year or two as I don't see any great improvements in what's expected to come out.

Wait for next year’s model: the changes will feel more substantial and you will still be able to get back close to $500 on each iPhone X. Glad you enjoyed your iPhone X for the last 2 years.

tivoman

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2013
My 2 iPad Pro 10.5 2017 models just got paid off last month and only 4 more months until my 2 iPhone 8+ will be paid off. I don’t plan on buying a new phone or tablet anytime soon. I’m to the point where I would spend the money to replace the battery, instead of a new phone, just like the old days of buying a new PC tower every two years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.