iPhone pains?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by friekunater, Jun 16, 2008.

1. friekunater macrumors 6502

Hello!

I got my iPod touch almost seven months ago in November and I am very pleased with it. However, recently, I've been using it quite a bit as I'm home alone since school is out. I usually use it holding it in both hands but using only my right thumb to touch the screen.

If I use it for a while at a time, my whole right arm starts to hurt. if I bend my fingers back, my wrist hurts. I cannot fully extend my arm. my thumb aches if I contort it certain ways.

I'm young and healthy, and this is the only reason that I can think of why this is happening. It is not excruciating pain or anything like that, but it's noticeable. Also, I am 14 years old but I am a pianist at a college equivelant level, so I can't risk my hands like this.

Any help?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

3. angel1286 macrumors member

4. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

that's exactly what I was afraid of... webMD, here I come!

5. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

so I looked at the symptoms of carpal tunnel on WebMD and it sounds like exactly what I'm feeling... I'm scared... it does say that exercising you're fingers helps and I do play piano... and it really would make sense considering I would move my thumb in a constant repetitive motion and my wrist would be bent...
    guess I'll have to stay off my iPod for a while (yeah right) or maybe try to use my index fingers (maybe...) and keep ice on it.

this sucks... frickin 14 yrs old startin to get carpal tunnel syndrome... Apple -lawsuit pending lol
    oh well, it's worth every penny!