iPhone paint touch up - for those who play with fire

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatsteez, Nov 4, 2014.

1. thatsteez macrumors newbie

I go case-less, and unluckily my 6 fell from out of my jacket pocket on to concrete and now has a few nicks on the side. Does anyone know of a service that is able to touch up the paint? I went case-less to because I admire the bare beauty of the phone, and now I occasionally run my finger across a nick that takes away from it.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Just live with it. The 6S will be out in 11 months. You'll have a new phone by then.

3. Zxxv Suspended

go all out and graffiti the **** out of it. Get a transfer sticker thing you can paint into, you know what I mean. Do it yourself. May aswell go all out. Start a new craze

4. thatsteez thread starter macrumors newbie

True, I'm already getting over it to be honest. I was just hoping to touch this up additionally for resell value.

5. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

If I'm buying a used iPhone I'd rather have a few nicks than a bad repair job.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Any do-it-yourself job will probably end up looking like s hit. If you normally sell your iPhone before the next one debuts, wait 9 weeks after the iPhone 6s debuts (once the market dries up from being flooded with people offloading their year-old iPhones) and unlock it before selling to make up for the difference.

7. awests macrumors regular

The iPhone has no paint on it as it is anodized aluminum. That being said you could try and color match some paint, but it will never look right.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The nicks will still be there, they'll just be colored.

9. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

A repair jeweler might help you smooth out the jaggies.