iPhone + Parrot Carkit + iPod adapter car (Volvo V50)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gn!uz, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gn!uz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info on this: Currently I own an iPod Touch which is my main source of music while driving my car (via true iPod adapter, not aux. input). With that I use a Parrot CK3100 for calling handsfree with Bluetooth with a HTC S710.

I'm wondering if it's possible to listen to my music using an iPhone connected to the iPod adapter in my car while the iPhone is also connected to the Parrot via Bluetooth. And to make it even more complicated: Will the music automute when making a call? I'm wondering if the functionality the iPhone uses interferes with the functionality of the iPod adapter..

This is very interesting stuff... I hope the iPhone is capable of this, I will immediately buy an iPhone and ditch the iPod Touch...

2. icecold0913 macrumors member

I've been wondering the same thing-- it would be tight if it worked! I'd also like to know if you have to put iPhone on Airplane Mode while connected to the car via an iPod adapter (not a transmitter or headphone jack) to avoid interference through the car's speakers, because that would suck. And if that were the case would a Parrot adapter correct it?

3. pdmpolishing macrumors member

This set up will work, I currently use an iPod adapter with a Parrot Bluetooth 3000 kit. When a call comes in the music will mute and the call goes through the Bluetooth system, when the call is finished the music will fade back in through the iPod adapter.