Iphone Part Missing,.Should I Be Concerned?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by onlyson89, Sep 12, 2012.

1. onlyson89 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I recently experienced the infamous "screen crack" after my phone slippped out of my pocket 2 feet onto some gravel. Instead of the smart thing to do, which would have been having a protection plan or contacting a professional, I tried to replace the screen myself. Took me a whole 4 hours to figure out how to pick the thing apart and put it back together ( had to drink a lot of coffee and Eternal Energy shots, little energy things I picked up at Wally World.)

Eventually I took it to a private Mac repair shop (MacStore wouldn't service it) and they replaced it for me but I forgot one part: the small metal piece that covers the motherboard at the top (to the right of the camera). Should I be concerned about this? I know its there for a reason, but just not sure at how "at risk" I am without it. Thoughts would be appreciated!

2. onlyson89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops, Duh. Thought I mentioned that in the post, my bad. I have the Iphone 4, not 4s.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

CDMA or GSM?
    Take it back to the shop and tell them to give you all of the pieces this time.