iphone password help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dukebound85, May 24, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So I have a passcode on my iphone that i know. however, the restrictions password is not the same apparently and have clearly forgotten it. how can i reset this on my phone? already have 6 failed attempts and now in the "wait x amt of time game"

not cool

will a restore fix this?

2. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

well fwiw, a restore of your phone with all your settings will carry over the password.....even after a restore

after restoring, it dawned on me what it was. damnit, now i have to reload it and rejailbreak argh

edit:

is there a way to disable the time feature if you enter them incorrectly? i do not like it

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Unfortunately, the only way appears to be completely restoring the device and resyncing it as a new phone.

The time disabling feature isn't something you can turn off. You can either remove the passcode completely or have to deal with the lockout feature.

4. hamlinspahn macrumors regular

Mobile Me

If you have mobile me you can send a new passcode to the iphone from the find my iphone screen on mobile me.