iPhone PAY and GO details

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrjarvie, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mrjarvie macrumors member

Can someone explain to me how the O2 'pay and go' tariffs work?

If I was on say a £10-£14 a moth pay and go tariff:

I put in my £10 at the start of the month and get my free allowance (300 texts, 50 mins etc). Can I use my allowance for the month, miss the next monthly top-up then start eating in to the £10 credit? Then when the credit is depleted I can put in another £10 at my convenience, get another allowance, rinse and repeat?

Surely if I am forced to top up every month it is just another contract?

Can someone clarify this please?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The terms and conditions of the 3G iPhone is available at the o2.co.uk website - i'd check that first.
    I think you can find them by oging to the store, selecting iPhone, then going to the bottom of the page for the link.

3. johnrs macrumors 6502a

Unless things have changed then yeah that's how it works. I generally top up £10 and when my allowance runs out I eat into my credit and then top up when its under £1. Something I can almost go 2 months

But being the iphone it could well be different

4. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

5. ccuk macrumors regular

6. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

7. ccuk macrumors regular

There is a slim chance it may. It feels like a stalling tactic to get people off their back. If it's ready in time I feel it will launch. If not... then they have given themselves plenty of time in which to do so.

8. TomB88 macrumors member

9. johnnyi macrumors regular

This in an email from someone in 02 on behalf of matthew keys as i sent him an email.

Prior to information released this morning, our front line advisors were unaware of our position on the availability of the iPhone 3g to prepay customers. I can confirm that we will be launching the new iPhone 3g on the 11 July 2008 to post pay customers only. We are scheduled to release the iPhone 3g to prepay customers in December 2008, we will provide more precise details closer to this time.The decision to delay the release of the prepay iPhone 3g was due to the high levels of demand and we felt it prudent to phase the release to manage our stock levels.

It clearly shows they are not releasing the Iphone to December in time for christmas.They just say it is due to stock levels its because the want more people to buy the contract they make more money from it.

Jonathan

10. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

Well, stay strong all and sit them out. Don't let them make you cave in to a contract. The less people who do the sooner the Pay & Go will be here.

11. johnnyi macrumors regular

12. mrjarvie thread starter macrumors member

So it's to manage stock levels yeah? Not to get more contracts then? O2 suck ass!!
    The iphone will be old news come December! This is the kind of move that forces people to unlock. Just to reiterate, O2 are a bag of cocks!

13. kaworu1986 macrumors member

kaworu1986

I'll do better than that: I'll get my iPhone 3G when going back home to Italy in august, on PAYG, unlock it if needed and use it on Vodafone when I come back to the UK in September. O2 has definitely lost me as a customer.

14. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Me to. I am NOT caving in on contract unless they offer me a better deal.

I am off to Paris on the 19th July, can i buy an unlocked iPhone over there?

:cool:

15. ccuk macrumors regular

The links are all in the HTML code on the site, they are just commented out...

All the different links are there for each of the sections.

16. johnrs macrumors 6502a

I would be very intrested to see if you could get an contract free iphone 3g and bring it back to the UK

17. WellRedd macrumors member

Aha, well I only want PAYG, but December is a long time away; maybe I'll cave in :rolleyes:

18. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do it!

If all of us wanting the iPhone on PAYG caved in then they would win!!

Hold off be strong and buy one from a country that will sell them unlocked!!

19. johnrs macrumors 6502a

I will wait for the new iphone, but in the mean time I am looking into getting a 1st gen iphone and using the new unlimited web and wifi bolt on that o2 have started to post on their website under the "your old iphone" section

while its not the 3G version is about as good as your will get right now