iPhone Pay & go O2 UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielhayter, Dec 5, 2008.

1. danielhayter macrumors member

danielhayter

2. alangrehan macrumors regular

This price has been on the O2 uk website for a while and was recently dropped by a little witht the new VAT regulations

I think this is a good price and I'm popping in at the weekend to get one...

It comes with a years free data which on my current O2 pay as you talk phone I'm paying around a hundred quid a year for...

That makes the price about 240 which is not that much more than a top line iPod...

Also O2 pay as you go customers get 5% of their top ups off the price of a new phone when they upgrade... I think this is only if you buy it in O2 stores though... Which for me is another tenner so I think it's a good deal considering you don't have to enter a contract and to buy an iphone on ebay you're easily looking at 350

3. sparkyms macrumors 65816

what do you mean 5% of your top ups?

5% off your top ups from each month? year? decade?

4. matty2345 macrumors newbie

It's 5% of your tops up's over a period of up to 2 years (or it's supposed to be) You can either have 5% of your tops ups off the value of the handset, or 10%(double the amount) in calltime on your SIM card when you buy a new phone.

Only problem in this case is that you can't take the discount off an iPhone, you can only have the call time with iPhone, but still a good deal! :)

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

6. Mac. macrumors 6502

Perfect!

I was going to purchase my iPhone next week at the shops, now I'll just buy it online! :p

Do you get a brand new sim card with the iPhone? or do you have to buy that separate from O2?

7. alangrehan macrumors regular

You have to use the SIM that comes with the iPhone as this is setup for the year of free internet access...

you fill in this form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=22

to transfer your number to the new SIM

8. sananda macrumors 68020

when i got mine in september from o2 i was given a sim card in an envelope endorsed with instructions on how to change the apn on the phone to the appropriate one for pay and go

9. Mac. macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot!