Iphone - PAYG on Orange - any update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pitsy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Pitsy macrumors member

I am on Orange and wondered if there was any update on the Iphone going on orange.

I would like a 3G Iphone, and have read a few snippets on the net saying this is due soon on Ornage but as ever nothing concrete.

Anyones ready anything

Pitsy

2. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I seriously doubt that you're going to see the iPhone on Orange, or any other network apart from O2 for a long time yet. Orange reps were saying that the iPhone MAY be coming to their network when the iPhone 3G was released in order to try and keep customers from leaving and requesting PAC codes.

In my opinion the iPhone 3G will never be on any other network except O2. There may be a possibility for the next version of the phone being released on another network, but I even have doubts about that considering O2 and Apple signed an exclusive contract which supposedly runs out in 2012.

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

As much as I want this to happen (I'm an Orange customer), I think the earliest we'll see it is at the release of the next model.

4. m4rc macrumors 6502

It was just a few rumours, nothing of any value, it isn't going to happen for several years if ever. Apple are happy with O2, they have a nice long agreement, you will have to either switch to O2 or go the jailbreak route I'm afraid.