Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoBIG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Anybody know how Apple Giveback would work...if I'm purchasing an XR using the Apple iPhone Payments plan (the regular one...not the upgrade plan)? Would the trade in reduce the monthly payments?....or would it do something like cover only the taxes and fees with the rest back on an Apple gift card?

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
I don't use the payment plans, but just did the apple giveback program, and they refunded my credit card the money after they received the phone.

GoBIG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
I don't use the payment plans, but just did the apple giveback program, and they refunded my credit card the money after they received the phone.

Thanks!...I was hoping to avoid paying everything up front just so the trade in value can be refunded to me. I'm ordering 2 XRs...and already have 2 XS Max's on IUP. Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and pay for the 2 XRs up front. This is turning out to be a very expensive upgrade cycle!!!:eek:

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks!...I was hoping to avoid paying everything up front just so the trade in value can be refunded to me. I'm ordering 2 XRs...and already have 2 XS Max's on IUP. Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and pay for the 2 XRs up front. This is turning out to be a very expensive upgrade cycle!!!:eek:
Just say no, problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.