Iphone Phone app doesn't work after going into airplane mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nathanf, May 5, 2009.

1. Nathanf macrumors newbie

Alright, I plugged my iphone into my car's Microsoft sync to charge it and it popped up with a screen that said that it is putting it into airplane mode while it was plugged in. After charging I went to make a call and was unable too. Anytime I click on my phone it brings up the app and then freezes and returns to the home screen.

I can still receive calls but the phone screen doesn't come up when I answer it, it sits on the home screen while I talk to the person. The only way I'm able to make calls is going through my contacts list and calling people through my list, making me unable to call people not on my list, and again when I call them the phone sits on the home screen so I can't end the call unless I turn my phone off.

I've tried resetting the phone through holding the home and power key, making sure "Show My Caller ID" is on and resetting all the settings.

I'm hoping I don't have to resort to clearing the phone to the factory defaults.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

The only thing that I really can suggest is to do a restore. You should be able to allow the phone to backup and then restore it from that backup. This will install a fresh OS but should put the settings and all of your stuff back like before. Sorry that I don't have a better answer.