iPhone & Phones 4 U A Little Fun!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Santa Rosa, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Cant remember how many times I have done this now but it is amusing so every now and again if I have a spare minute and am passing a Phones 4 U outlet I will take a gander in. You are guaranteed every time that a sales representative will jump you literally 5 seconds after you have entered the building so this is when the fun begins.

I always make up a story beforehand as to why I am in the shop, looking for a phone for relative etc and then go from there. They ask "So what phone do you use?" More than likely I have my iPhone out switching some tunes or grabbing my emails and texts. I say iPhone obviously then the killer question: "Do you want to change your phone today" I say hell no my iPhone is brilliant then tell them what I am actually there for. Telling them that I am there for someone else never ever ever registers...

Then the conversation continues about what new phone I should get. Okay.... The guy today said firstly "We have a range of great phones, what can your iPhone do that they cant" This is where we really get the teeth in:

• iPod = Well all of our handsets have music players, yea but they are rubbish, no they are ok, fine then aye right
    • Safari Browser = Our phones can go on the internet, like this (shows him safari, well.......
    • Camera = Aww the iPhone camera is really rubbish on my phone at the moment I have like seven billion pixels to take drunken pictures of my mates when we are out, information I dont want to know
    • Email = Yea they have email, like this I dont think so, just ignores me
    • Youtube = You can put youtube on some of them, really thats nice to know I would rather it was there now

So he then moves to the second question they all ask after this guy initially tells me that he went to the iPhone launch. So how much did that set you back (he obviously knows) say to him 269, nothing really (was a bit but had to say that) he replies I would rather buy a pair of shoes, whatever floats your boat then.... fair enough.

Well it goes on and on every turn I just keep shooting him down, ended up as it usually does, complete and utter floor washing. I then say to him well thank you for slating my phone. He replies kindly no Im not slating it really. Yes you are, well trying to... and failing.

Now the whole point really boils down to this, I may have bought a phone from this guy, but these people want to be rude, uniformed and downright offensive just to get a sale, there doesn't seem to be any reasoning with them until they realise they have been spouting a pile of crap and just sit there speechless.

Well I had another great time playing with these people, its wrong, I will probably go to hell for it but I find it bloody great fun!!!!

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Phones 4 U are horrible. They don't listen to anything you say, and are just interested in getting you to sign the paperwork.

I had a bad experience a few years back where they were completely unhelpful, and went back in to another branch a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed, they said for a £25 contract I couldn't keep my number, but for a £30 they'd try. Complete bull.

Which? Magazine put them at the bottom of the phone retailers in the UK in a recent survey; it's not hard to see why.

3. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Now send me an MMS or e-mail a video you shot using your 'phone.

Mind you, you're right about one thing - the people at phones4u are a bunch of pushy cocks.

4. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

come to 3 instead we dont hound u :D and we do actually cater the needs to what the customer wants

5. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Well thats a lot of you know what lol, certainly not the experience my friends have had!!!

Nicely put!!! :)

6. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

my bad, i meant MY 3store in trafford manchester:rolleyes:

7. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Will let you off with that one then!! :p

8. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

why thank you! dont worry we hate phones 4u and cpw! we have to deal with the crap when something goes wrong with a phone thats been brought from their shop! even though its them that should sort it out! i hate customers like that :mad:

9. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

You better not try to sell me anything other than an iPhone though remember!!!

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i dont bother - if a customer wants an iphone i send em to o2 shop not even cpw but direct o2 - for those that want a touch screen fone (jus cos its cool) i recomend either k850i or a viewty ! n if they aint wanting it i send em o2 shop lol but they never buy iphone cos they dont wna part with money!!! amazes me how alot of people expect free phones! times are chanigng!

11. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Exactly like the guy today who would rather put 270 down on a pair of shoes. Suppose if thats his think then leave him to it...

12. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

yeah for sure! do you work in a apple store?? if you do how did you get the job? never have vacancies here:(

13. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

No dont work at the Apple Store Buchanan just have it as my location as thats where I always seem to be!!! I want to be in the Phones 4 U all the time giving them a hard time lol!!!

14. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

lmfao funny stufff i hate em retards

15. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I love to see people's faces when I tell them its £269 + a £35 a month contract for 18 months :)

16. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Why?

17. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

u work for o2 i guess??? whats the bonus structure like (if u work there that is) i walked into iphone few weeks ago to get some stuff for my iphone and seeing one of the guys sell a phone was funny he clearly knew the guys were time wasters and was tryna hurry the sale so he could come serve us lol

18. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Because I'm sad :(

And no I don't work at O2.

19. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Its a superiority complex thing, Im guilty as well. Well thats life, what can you do....

20. ripkord macrumors 6502

the worst thing abou tphones 4 u is the bazillion calls they give you just as your contract is about to end, w@nkers. :(

21. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Forward them to me!!! :)