iPhone photo app doesn't play video?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GfPQqmcRKUvP, Aug 3, 2009.

1. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem/misunderstanding here. I usually take photos/video on my iPhone and then they're obviously in the camera roll. From there (through the "camera" app) I can either look at the pictures or watch/edit the video. This works well. But once I sync it to my computer I usually delete the camera roll because I categorize my photos/videos into different events on my MBP's iPhoto. I then have my iPhone photo settings in iTunes to 'Sync all events and photos'.

My problem is that videos do not show up in the photo app. I created an event exclusively for iPhone videos and it just doesn't show up in the photo app. Am I doing something wrong or is the ONLY way to watch video taken on the iPhone is keeping it on the camera roll? It seems to me I'm missing something rather basic.

BTW, I realizer I could put the videos on iTunes from iPhoto and sync them over, but that seems far more hassle than just having them in the photos app (which is supposed to replicate everything on iPhoto).

Any ideas?
  2. c4sp14nx macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2008
  3. abijnk macrumors 68040

Oct 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't think anyone quite grasps this. It makes absolutely no sense. Hopefully they will change this in the future. Until that time, the only way to take the videos out of the camera roll and still have them on the phone is to put them in iTunes, which is a pain.
  4. mstier09 macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2009
    I use the Image Capture app (on your Mac), its not as sophisticated as iPhoto/iTunes but it drops all new photos and videos onto your system and keeps them on the phone.