Iphone photo editing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonk1183, May 19, 2012.

1. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

I use snapseed and camera + and i get amazing results but the 4s camera and these apps really got me into photography i was wondering if anyone uses something a lil more professional like aperture photoshop lightroom etc...any recoomendations? Any example pics?

2. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i'd like to edit pictures, what app do you suggest? you don't edit them till after you take them right?

3. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I do some professional photography, but also love it as a hobby and often use my iPhone 4 to grab the immediate. I'm using ProCamera to expand the ability to control camera options. But, I have to say, I'm overwhelmed by iPhoto and even Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. They are TOO user friendly.

iPhoto seems to take over all photos, sorting, naming, storing automatically. I have struggled with it, mainly to eliminate it... but it just won't die, especially as the MBP has it as a default photo handler.

I have a PC for my graphics work, using Creative Suite 3 which includes Photoshop, InDesign, etc. It's so simple - drag/drop photos into your own folders, pull them out to edit, store them back in folders.

There must be something I'm missing with iPhoto and Lightroom. I've even purchased Photoshop Elements, just so there is compatibility between my PC and MBP. Not much help to OP, but maybe someone has a handle on this - other than spending $1k to buy a Mac version of Creative Suite.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Considering that you can just drag it to the trash, I have to ask how much you've struggled to eliminate it. Did that not go well?

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I DID delete the app, dragged to trash, emptied trash. It was gone, but when I restarted the MBP, there it was again!!

It seems it's a perma-app. Before I restarted the MBP, I searched around to find where my photos were located (without the iPhoto app installed). They were nowhere. It's not like the iPhone or iPad where there's a plain ol' Photos app that has everything in it, independent of iPhoto.

Thus the "struggle." If there IS a generic Photo app for MBP - like that on iPhones and iPads (both of which I have), please let me know.