iphone photo help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by J.L.Photography, Jul 11, 2012.

1. J.L.Photography, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

good afternoon,

now that i have my new rMBP, i have added my photos to iPhoto and have syncd my iPhone to this computer.

when i sync whatever folders of photos to the phone, instead of showing up in their own respective groups or folders
    "2-19-12"
    "miami heat vs cavs"
    "night out"
    "disney"

etc etc.... they are all listed under photo library.... can anyone help me with that???

[​IMG]
    Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos...kr.com/7252/7550677874_92c1e4f7ac_z.jpg[/img]
    Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

There is one tab called photo library which shows all of you photos grouped together, but you should be able to back out of that and it'll show you a list of all the albums (folders) that you have in iPhoto.

Unless, do you have all of you pics grouped in one album in iPhoto by chance?

3. J.L.Photography thread starter macrumors 6502

when i copied the photos over from my external they were all in their own categorized/grouped folders.... so iPhoto has them in their own "events" or folders...even in iTunes, they show as folders, i selected certain ones.......... but the iPhone only lists them all together completely under the photo library..

4. J.L.Photography thread starter macrumors 6502

ok, so i found that at the main photo library page... on the bottom there is

"albums" "events" "places"

their listed in folders under "events"

will iPhoto only allow it this way? or can i make them "albums"

5. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Ok, cool! Glad it's working!

I think (think) iPhoto will only allow them that way. As far as I can tell, albums are like a playlist of photos. So if you go into iPhoto you can create an album and then drag the photos you want into that album, and then it'll show up on the Albums on your iPhone.

Hope that helps!

6. J.L.Photography thread starter macrumors 6502