iPhone Photo Saver?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sovikos, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Sovikos macrumors newbie

I'm looking to save all my photos & videos from my iPhone, but I want to keep the "location" data with them. Is their any program out there that does this? Or is it available in iTunes itself?

For those that don't know what I mean by "location": You can view your photos by "PLACES" and it shows a Pin Map where all your pictures were taken... Really, really cool. I want to delete my old photos to make room, but I don't want to lose that cool feature of where exactly I took them.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

iPhoto on a Mac will do this.

3. Sovikos thread starter macrumors newbie

What about something for Windows?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm pretty sure the GPS coords are saved in the EXIF data, so any windows photo app that doesn't f' up the EXIF data should be fine. I'd be surprised if Photoshop Elements current version didn't support this.

5. Sovikos thread starter macrumors newbie

So if I want to get all my photos with the EXIF data, how should I go about doing that?

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Import them with a photo app such as Photoshop Element or whatever you prefer. EXIF data is embedded in the jpg and it'd be an odd photo app that stripped the data unless you explicitly tell it to do so.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format

7. Sovikos thread starter macrumors newbie

What if I just copy & paste from the iphone when I plug it into the usb?
    Would it keep the EXIF?

8. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

So I searched around via Google and have found several Windows-compatible options that you could look into for this:
    • Picasa Web Albums
    • Flickr
    Maybe try one or both of these and see if they accomplish what you're looking for.