iPhone > Photos, how long should it take?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Oohara, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

My iPhone 6+ 64gb became totally full so I hooked it up to my new MBP 15" 2,2GHz/16gb/250gb and am trying to import the photos into the Photos app.

I chose to import and delete the photos from the iPhone. Now Photos reads "Importing 10795 items" but nothing seems to happen and the bar isn't filling up, it's looked like this for 20 minutes.

Is this normal? Does it take a very long time for the import to get going with this many photos? This is the first Mac I've had for years so I don't really know how this process behaves on Mac/iPhone.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I can't find anything on Google.

2. mivara macrumors regular

mivara

Well, then I can contribute :) I have not tried importing that amount of photos at once before but it takes 30 seconds to import 300 photos from my iPhone 5S to my Mac. That's all.

3. Oohara thread starter macrumors 68020

Oohara

Thanks :) Raw math then suggests that it'd take about 18 minutes to import my amount of photos, that's from a 5S though, I guess the 6+ would be a bit faster. But I guess that tells me that it'll take a while in any case...

Something must be up though. I let everything sit untouched for 10 min but not a thing happened and I needed to disconnect the iPhone so had to force quit :/

4. mivara macrumors regular

mivara

It sounds rather odd that you have to force quit :/ Hmm ... Have you tried all the common stuff (restarting, shutting down the app etc.)?