Iphone Photos to Mac - Apple Responds!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rashid.4v, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Rashid.4v macrumors newbie

So as not to ramble.... long story, short.
    I cannot download my iphone camera roll to my mac. I called tech support and there definitive response is, "yes, we are somewhat aware of the problem".
    They don't have a solution, and this seemed to have developed in the most recent software updates for the Iphone or OS X(iphoto, image capture etc.).
    The problem comes from pictures you save from emails, mms and the web.
    Somehow the camera roll is getting "corrupted" and therefor preventing the computer from recognizing the iphone as a camera.

Solution(according to apple techs, spoke w/ 3 btw)
    -stop saving pictures from these three sources(apple is a dictatorship you know)
    -delete all the pictures who's origin isn't an actual photograph taken with the iphone camera(bananas), in my case there are several 100
    -email all the offending pictures, then delete, then problem may be fixed, not an issue for onesies and twosies but I have a few 100

Solution alternative(according to other victims on the interweb)
    -Buy iphonetomac app for $2, will report back with results

I sometimes really believe this is how apple makes it's bonuses, raises etc.
    Create a software problem, we go crazy, release an app w/ a fix. Then a few months later a software update is released to fix problem(after we've supplemented there pockets in the app store), guess I'm a conspiracy nut huh.

2. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

3. Rashid.4v thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

So after realizing that there's a bug with iphone and iphoto syncing, the only solution was buying the phototomac app for two bucks.
    In short the app works like a charm albeit after messing around with some files on my computer.
    I'd rather have my $1800 mac and $300 phone work together internally without outside influence but I guess I'll settle for this.
    I'm a mac newbie on a brand new macbk pro, so if anyone needs info on the app or the issues/solution...I have a good perspective on this simple solution.

4. gpl2010 macrumors newbie

iphonetoMac

Where do you see iphonetoMac for $2?

All I'm seeing is a $25 apps e.g.:

http://www.iphonetomactransfer.com/

Very annoying that this bug still hasn't been fixed and I'm forced to buy an app to do what the iPhoto is supposed to do on its own!

If anyone has any more fixes please post. Thanks.

5. Galarina macrumors member

Galarina

I think he wants to mention my PhotoToMac app.
    Note that PhotoToMac was available long before this "Mac doesn't detect iPhone" issue popped up. It offers a wireless alternative to syncing photos to your Mac via iTunes.

6. MRM5MAN macrumors newbie

My fix for this stupid issue

What I have found to work on a couple occasions was deleting iPhoto from the dock. Searching for it in spotlight, and opening that way. The moment I do (everytime so far..) it automatically starts loading up the phones photos. I save photos from MMS, emails, and the web ALL the time. Doesn't matter now, does it.