iPhone photos..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jmmo20, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

.. and I still can't believe I can´t manage my albums on the phone, create a new album, move a photo from the camera roll to that album.. (not to mention that whatever you do in the phone still doesn't sync to the mac iPhoto).

What the *** !!! :/

2. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

But you can. Kind of....

In you camera roll go 'back' (top left) to albums, then hit the '+' button in the top left to create a new album. You name it, then select what photos go in there. The only trouble with this is, the photos aren't moved there. The album just contains a pointer to the original photo. Not sure if this will sync with iPhoto though, I haven't tried it.

I know your frustration. It seems for almost every Apple app, there is a 3rd party one who just do it better. If only we could have a 3rd party photo organiser!

Alex

3. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

yes, that's been there forever, I don't know if ios 6.0 or even before.
    But what's the point? In previous iOS iterations I thought "ok, so... let's cut them some slack, they are just probably polishing the new iphoto for mac".

Well, it's been years, we have new iOS, new OSX, new iPhoto.. and still the album management in iOS is totally useless.

(and no, new albums created on the phone don't sync to iphoto at all)

I'm quite disappointed with this. there are basically no changes in iphoto for mavericks, it's the same as before. My workflow still involves importing my camera roll into OSx iPhoto, delete from phone, sync phone. (only difference is that now photo stream makes the import to iphoto a bit easier).

4. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

I agree, there's a lot to be desired not only with iOS but with the synchronisation between OSX and iOS in general. The iPhone and iPad have taken off so much that these are often the only Apple products people own, so the collaboration with OSX seems to have fallen to the side as fewer people own both a mac and an iOS device.

Alex

5. profets macrumors 68040

Absolutely agreed.

It's bothered me for a few years. There's a push for iPhoto on iOS, but any work done in iPhoto on iOS is completely separate from iPhoto on Mac.

I know full photo libraries can be massive and not feasible for storing in iCloud, but they have to figure something out to get some sort of synchronization between iOS and Mac.