Iphone pics wont sync, help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Soura2112, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I have a Apple Pro laptop, and obviously and Iphone (3G), and everything syncs fine but Iphoto to the Iphone. Has anyone else had this problem?
    The USB cable that came with my Iphone is really beat up, so I thought that might be the problem, so I tried my Ipod's USB, no luck, then another USB I use for home charging and no luck again.
    Before I go to the Apple store i wanted to check here. Plus I am going to ask a friend to use his USB since he also has an Iphone.
    Here is the error message I get....
    "The Iphone "Iphone" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-39)."

Any info would be great! Thanks

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt it's the USB cable. If the iPhone can't be synced, it's probably a firmware issue. If you can, backup the phone before you go into the Apple Store.

3. sweetdog macrumors newbie

USB Cable issue

I had the same problem and it was the cable. I was using the cable that came with my ipod. The cables have developed over the years and the new USB cables for the Iphones have data receptors in them whereas old ipod and some charge only USB leads do not have these data receptors that are required for photos, Iphone 3GS etc. I got a new lead and my problem was solved.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Did you have an error 39? Because that's due to a bad iPod Photo Cache, not a cable.