iPhone Pinned Cloud Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Jun 23, 2015.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Curious what forum users use for those who pin a lot of music for offline use via a cloud service. I'm guessing most of you use iTunes Match.

I have a 12K library and I want to pin roughly 6K songs onto my iPhone. I tried Google Play Music (it's free) and I like everything about the service and app, except that getting my music onto it for offline use is a PITA. I tried pinning several playlists but there is some server issue with Google and I ended up losing songs randomly from my playlist (on the app, not the desktop). I'm in the middle of trying Amazon Music which allows me to create a huge playlist which I can then pin however if you want to add more songs to this playlist you can't, which is pretty annoying. And their app and desktop interface is inferior to Google Music's.

I'm reluctant to try iTunes Match but I might as it's my only other option at this point (other than pinning individual albums with GPM, which will take forever).

Would love to hear what you all do if in a similar situation.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use Google Play.

I have never had any trouble getting my music from my laptop into Google Play – and my laptop is a 2003 17" PowerBook G4. Everything I put into my iTunes library (including play lists) goes straight up to Google. Although you seem to indicate your problem is coming from the app on your phone?

In any case my entire library is up in Google and I can stream it from any device.

I do not use iTunes Match.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

My problem is that songs literally disappear from my playlists that I have pinned. For example I might have an entire album in the playlist, and I'll go to that album, and a song is missing. Or half the album is missing. There is some issue between pinned playlists and songs vanishing. If I pin a specific album it goes nowhere. But the point is I don't want to have to do that if I don't need to.

On a few occasions I'll be listening to a song from a pinned playlist and I'll enter another app as the song plays. All of a sudden the song stops, and when I return to the GPM app the song has vanished from the playlist.

I just need a simple solution to pin a bunch of music (6k songs) onto my iPhone. At this point I think iTunes Match is my only other option to try.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I see (I think). I've never pinned anything in the app, but then I know all the music that is in my playlists and I have yet to have something disappear (appearing after I get it into iTunes is a different matter).

The music stops if you leave the app because the app backgrounds. One of the advantages to jailbreaking because I can prevent that.

All of this said I hope you can find a solution.