Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
So would Apple still give me a new iPhone cuz of my pixels? Im not out of some sort of 30 day period (i bought it on iDay) where they cant do anything about it anymore or they'll still replace it?

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
On my 4th Iphone

Apple sent my first phone off to get repaired due to dead pixels then that one came back with a stuck home button, then the next had dead pixels and now it is perfect!!! You just have to play the right cards.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
They better replace it. As was said above, as small as the screen is, even 1 pixel is a big deal. Good luck with that mate.

Dieselat

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
I don't that will work, I had a stuck pixel in my psp, I ran the flasher for 5 hours, and nothing happened, so I just learned to live with it. Right now you might get paranoid if you have a dead pixel since your eye is gonna get drawn to it every time you glance at the screen, but in a month or so you learn to live with it.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
cool...well i have like 4 dead pixels that i can see and now my visual voicemail is not working so i think im going to pay a visit to apple tomorrow

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
I tried this method the other day with no result. Granted I didnt leave it running for an hour, but about 15minutes.

Ive got 1 stuck pixel and really had just planned on living with it. Its not that bad I dont think. But stupid me, I was just at an apple store yesterday to get a case and I totally spaced out asking them about it. I they'll replace it instore Ill take a new one. But Im not going to send it in and be without for a week or so just because of 1 pixel.

mike23w

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2009
Holy crap it worked!

Iphone 2g. OSX 3.1.2. No Jailbreak. 1 stuck pixel.

Yesterday it was stuck as green. Today it was stuck as red; so the changing pixel color made me think there was hope. Although I still had pretty low expectation it would really be fixed.

I left the iphone turned on displaying this link:
http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/fix.html
After 40 minutes or so the pixel was reset! It's no longer stuck!

While the screen was changing colors rapidly, the iphone warmed up significantly (both the front and back were warm to the touch). Then when I glanced at it the stuck pixel was gone! I almost couldn't believe it!

[Sorry for bumping an old thread.]

cjmartin93

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
I have a question...

I have some dots on my screen and I'm thinking that it's a dead pixel, but for example, you press "Home screen + Lock button" to capture a picture where you can see those dots, when you look at it in the photos and move the photo sideways, should the dots still be there? Because when I move mine, the dots still remain on their same place.

I'm thinking that it's only a dust or something.

I need immediate answers. Thanks for those who will be able to help me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.