iPhone Plan Advice - Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JRunMedia, Jul 1, 2008.

1. JRunMedia macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

So I'm one of the few people in canada that is going to get an iphone on launch day but I need some advice on what kind of plan to go with. Here's my problem I have a phone that i just upgraded to in march of this year. First I want to know if I'll be able to upgrade for free or have to pay a huge $400 extra to upgrade. If that is the case and I can't upgrade I'm going to give my current phone to my brother and start a new contract with rogers or fido, and get the $60 plan and add call display and early evenings and weekends if I can get those without having to get a contract.

So basically I'm just wondering if that is a good idea if anyone has heard otherwise of my options. If fido or rogers is better? etc. or if I can keep my existing plan and just add $30/300mb data if thats possible. Thanks for any input.

Also I know the $60 plan is not alot of data but im around wireless alot and I would only use a little bit when I'm on the road or need to use the gps for something.

2. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

Your stuck with the options of the 4? if im correct plans, cheapest being $60.
    And to get call display ect. is $15. This is what im hopefully!! going with, I think it works out to around $93 a month including all taxes and access fee and 911. So basicly, I dont think.. you can upgraid your phone, because you need a hole new iPhone plan.

If that answers your questions :confused: :D haha!

Pce:apple:

3. JRunMedia thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey ya thats what I was thinking but then I heard all kinds of rumours that you can now use any existing plan even have no data and then just add whatever to it that you want. I heard the 'iphone' plans are more just a guide line for what would work well for the iphone i dont know for sure tho

4. pokoleo macrumors newbie

iphone...

I'm going to Australia on the 12th... I'll probably be buying myself one there, as they do offer them WITHOUT Robbers plans. (3G, no plan.)

I think that the extra money that I spend on the phone up front, would save me more money than having a ridiculously expensive phone bill.

(>100$/mo. +cheaper iPhone v.s. the price of choice/mo. + more expensive price)

Are there any other 3G "suppliers" in Canada other than Rogers and Fido?

5. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Don't buy it!
    and get suckered into those data charges for 3 years

6. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

hmm, im not to sure
    it could be, but most likely not because Rogers want to make as much money as possible :mad: !