iPhone playlist changes don't sync back to Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mgpg89, Jul 10, 2015.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

When I delete a song from a playlist on my Mac, the change syncs back to my iPhone.
    But vice versa, this isn't the case. Any idea how to solve this problem?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Music iCloud syncing is hit & miss but mostly miss for me. I just got :apple:Music on my iDevices and trying to understand. Seems most people are just using an iPhone and don't notice this mess. For me I like to create and edit my Playlists on my 'roomy' Mac and then want them to sync to my iPhone. The only way I have found so far is to cut :apple:Music/iClould Music on my iPhone delete all music and then enable them again reloading all from scratch. Hardly a convent method for a simple change.

Here is what I have found so far for me.

Change on Mac: iPhone no, iPad yes
    Change on iPhone: iPad yes, Mac no
    Change on iPad: iPhone yes, Mac no

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
    Hope there's a fix coming really soon for all these bugs.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...and I'm not so glad to be the one.:D

5. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Hahha, sorry.
    I've been trying to figure out a pattern left and right.
    If I ever succeed, you'll be the first to know ;)

6. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Shocking. I had the same problem 4 years ago with Match. :rolleyes:

Well it's not like they have other catastrophic syncing issues too. This is really idiotic - a big reason I've stuck with the Apple ecosystem is because their own stuff is supposed to work with their other stuff.

7. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

How did you resolve these issues 4 years ago ... if you still remember? :p

8. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

I cancelled Match and restored my seriously screwed up library from a backup.

Sounds familiar...

9. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

LOL, not the answer I wanted to hear.

10. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

Same issue here only any change I make on any device has no affect on any of the others.

11. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

At least in your case it's consistent :D

12. flur macrumors 68000

That's the thing I really don't understand. Apple took a service that SO MANY PEOPLE had huge issues with, that was full of major bugs, and connected it with a new high-profile service without fixing any of the issues. It seems like a textbook case of stupid.

13. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

YES. It's infuriating, and frankly baffling. I wonder if Match and iCloud Music Library are only 100% reliable if you only have stuff from the iTunes store. Frankly I can't see how it works for anyone, it's so messed up, and this is the only thing I can think of. Or library size? Whatever the case, they're alienating people they say they're catering to - the biggest music fans.

At least in the new music app I can once again select an artist then one of their albums if I want. Next step is listing the albums in the order I want, not the arbitrary "re-mastered" dates which screw it up. Bah.

14. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I think I seemed to figure out a constant.
    For me, the syncing issues only happen when I'm trying to edit a playlist that's MAO'd on that specific device.
    When I edit that playlist on another device, it syncs just fine though.

Can anyone test and confirm/deny?

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Strangely I added a Playlist on my Mac earlier today and it showed up on my iPhone. I have since added others with no luck. Again they sync fine on my iPad. However my iPhone is where I listen. Not sure what the secret sauce or magic button I pressed is but I can't seen to duplicated it.

16. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

Also odd that I don't see more people complaining about this issue. Are we the minority or is nobody else having this problem?

17. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

I also found this in the mac version of iTunes. Is syncing not supposed to be taking place automatically?
    Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 12.52.42 PM.jpg

18. ANDJOE macrumors member

ANDJOE

Possible solution!
    I signed out of my iTunes account on all devices. Then signed back in. I had to go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library on each device but it seems to be working!

19. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Already tried that too a couple of days ago, but to no avail ... :(

20. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Changes made from my phone sync to my MacBook just fine. Sometimes it takes 3 seconds and other times it can take up to a min or two.

In iTunes try File > Edit > Update iCloud Music Library (as shown in the screenshot a few posts up) if it doesn't update in a somewhat timely manner.

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I cut off iCloud and Apple Music on my iDevices and my Mac. I'm about to cut them back on my Mac first. I'm just waiting for a fresh CCC backup to finish.

I'm also having other problems. Manly disappearing Hearts and Star ratings in iTunes that I use for sorting and selection.

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I decided to do a step at the time. On my Mac I cut on iCloud but NOT Apple Music. Strange that all my Apple Music songs repopulated. However I don't have access to add new ones. So far all my Stars and Hearts are holding. Also had a problem with Playdates resetting but all seems fine so far. Going to give it ½ an hour to be sure all info sticks and then cut on Apple Music. If all goes well then I will move to my iPhone.