Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
When I delete a song from a playlist on my Mac, the change syncs back to my iPhone.
But vice versa, this isn't the case. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Music iCloud syncing is hit & miss but mostly miss for me. I just got :apple:Music on my iDevices and trying to understand. Seems most people are just using an iPhone and don't notice this mess. For me I like to create and edit my Playlists on my 'roomy' Mac and then want them to sync to my iPhone. The only way I have found so far is to cut :apple:Music/iClould Music on my iPhone delete all music and then enable them again reloading all from scratch. Hardly a convent method for a simple change.

Here is what I have found so far for me.

Change on Mac: iPhone no, iPad yes
Change on iPhone: iPad yes, Mac no
Change on iPad: iPhone yes, Mac no

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Hope there's a fix coming really soon for all these bugs.

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Shocking. I had the same problem 4 years ago with Match. :rolleyes:

Well it's not like they have other catastrophic syncing issues too. This is really idiotic - a big reason I've stuck with the Apple ecosystem is because their own stuff is supposed to work with their other stuff.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium

Well it's not like they have other catastrophic syncing issues too. This is really idiotic - a big reason I've stuck with the Apple ecosystem is because their own stuff is supposed to work with their other stuff.

How did you resolve these issues 4 years ago ... if you still remember? :p

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Music iCloud syncing is hit & miss but mostly miss for me. I just got :apple:Music on my iDevices and trying to understand. Seems most people are just using an iPhone and don't notice this mess. For me I like to create and edit my Playlists on my 'roomy' Mac and then want them to sync to my iPhone. The only way I have found so far is to cut :apple:Music/iClould Music on my iPhone delete all music and then enable them again reloading all from scratch. Hardly a convent method for a simple change.

Here is what I have found so far for me.

Change on Mac: iPhone no, iPad yes
Change on iPhone: iPad yes, Mac no
Change on iPad: iPhone yes, Mac no

Same issue here only any change I make on any device has no affect on any of the others.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012

That's the thing I really don't understand. Apple took a service that SO MANY PEOPLE had huge issues with, that was full of major bugs, and connected it with a new high-profile service without fixing any of the issues. It seems like a textbook case of stupid.

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
That's the thing I really don't understand. Apple took a service that SO MANY PEOPLE had huge issues with, that was full of major bugs, and connected it with a new high-profile service without fixing any of the issues. It seems like a textbook case of stupid.

YES. It's infuriating, and frankly baffling. I wonder if Match and iCloud Music Library are only 100% reliable if you only have stuff from the iTunes store. Frankly I can't see how it works for anyone, it's so messed up, and this is the only thing I can think of. Or library size? Whatever the case, they're alienating people they say they're catering to - the biggest music fans.

At least in the new music app I can once again select an artist then one of their albums if I want. Next step is listing the albums in the order I want, not the arbitrary "re-mastered" dates which screw it up. Bah.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
I think I seemed to figure out a constant.
For me, the syncing issues only happen when I'm trying to edit a playlist that's MAO'd on that specific device.
When I edit that playlist on another device, it syncs just fine though.

Can anyone test and confirm/deny?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Strangely I added a Playlist on my Mac earlier today and it showed up on my iPhone. I have since added others with no luck. Again they sync fine on my iPad. However my iPhone is where I listen. Not sure what the secret sauce or magic button I pressed is but I can't seen to duplicated it.

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Also odd that I don't see more people complaining about this issue. Are we the minority or is nobody else having this problem?

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I also found this in the mac version of iTunes. Is syncing not supposed to be taking place automatically?
Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 12.52.42 PM.jpg

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Possible solution!
I signed out of my iTunes account on all devices. Then signed back in. I had to go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library on each device but it seems to be working!

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Possible solution!
I signed out of my iTunes account on all devices. Then signed back in. I had to go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library on each device but it seems to be working!

Already tried that too a couple of days ago, but to no avail ... :(

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Changes made from my phone sync to my MacBook just fine. Sometimes it takes 3 seconds and other times it can take up to a min or two.

In iTunes try File > Edit > Update iCloud Music Library (as shown in the screenshot a few posts up) if it doesn't update in a somewhat timely manner.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Possible solution!

I cut off iCloud and Apple Music on my iDevices and my Mac. I'm about to cut them back on my Mac first. I'm just waiting for a fresh CCC backup to finish.

I'm also having other problems. Manly disappearing Hearts and Star ratings in iTunes that I use for sorting and selection.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I decided to do a step at the time. On my Mac I cut on iCloud but NOT Apple Music. Strange that all my Apple Music songs repopulated. However I don't have access to add new ones. So far all my Stars and Hearts are holding. Also had a problem with Playdates resetting but all seems fine so far. Going to give it ½ an hour to be sure all info sticks and then cut on Apple Music. If all goes well then I will move to my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.