Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
I have a smart playlist in iTunes labeled recently downloaded, that automatically takes the last 60 songs I've downloaded and puts them all into one playlist.

You can see what the conditions look like in the attachment.

When my iPhone is synced, and I use the drop down arrow in iTunes to view the playlist on my iPhone, it matches up with the playlist in iTunes itself.

However, when I view the playlist on the iPhone itself, it doesn't match up at all. In fact, it seems to be organizing artists by alphabetical order, beginning numerically, omitting some artists that would normally be in the order if it were completely alphabetical.

What the HECK is going on here? :confused:

EDIT:

Just so you all know, I've already deleted and re created the playlist in iTunes, and restored my iPhone.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-24 at 2.53.13 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-10-24 at 2.53.13 PM.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 45

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
do you sync your entire music lib to the iphone? if not it could be that the smart playlist on the phone is just live updating the 60 newest songs on it.

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
do you sync your entire music lib to the iphone? if not it could be that the smart playlist on the phone is just live updating the 60 newest songs on it.

Yeah my whole library goes on the phone. I don't know what to do. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.