iPhone Plus: Rotate rather than Mute switch

mcmul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Can the iPhone mute button be swapped to rotation lock like the iPad? I can't see the setting but hoping I may have missed it.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
You just be new to iPhone. The answer to your question is that almost nothing is customizable. Including the mute switch. Don't even think jailbreak would let you customize that, but I could be wrong.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Savannah, GA
You just be new to iPhone. The answer to your question is that almost nothing is customizable. Including the mute switch. Don't even think jailbreak would let you customize that, but I could be wrong.
Hey they changed the shutter button for the camera after people asked for it.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
With the iPad, you can change it because the mute button is not an essential fucntion, since it's not actually a phone.

mcmul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Thanks (I think...) for the replies.

The option in control center is fairly easy to use
Control Centre is very "easy" to use but that isn't the point. The switch is currently never used because I never mute my phone. I do, however, constantly have the screen locked until I open an app, require rotation and then have to stall the app by swiping up and clicking the button. Surely I should be able to customise this option but alas I cannot so never mind.

----------

With the iPad, you can change it because the mute button is not an essential fucntion, since it's not actually a phone.
Ah yes, of course; I hadn't considered this rather obvious fact. Thanks.

----------

I would be for having the option like I do on my iPad.
I will email Apple and reference your post, too. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.