iPhone Poll on CNN Money

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Done-on-a-Mac, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Done-on-a-Mac macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2006
    #1
    I just took a poll on CNN Money. Here is a screenshot I took.

    So far the results don't bode well for Apple.:(
     

    Attached Files:

  2. zap2 macrumors 604

    zap2

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Washington D.C
    #3
    Ya orignally I planned to get it, up I have a few worries.

    1) Battery life...I don't want to have to worry about that. I want to call, text, listen and watch to what ever I want, whenever I want

    2) Screen...it so perfect, I'll be afraid to use it. I don't treat my phone great, not like my iPod. I want to be able to bring my Phone to the beach, and not worry about it.

    3) I can't replace my iPod, so I'd have an iPhone and iPod with me...seems pointless.


    For those reason I'm getting a Palm Treo...I like the keypad, support for docs and spreadsheets. And the low price is good too
     
  3. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

    Lixivial

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2005
    Location:
    Between cats, dogs and wanderlust.
    #4
    How so? Considering this is an online poll on CNN Money, and their target goal is 1% market share by the end of 2008, I'd say Apple is doing just fine. If you were to take everyone who voted on that poll as 100% of the market segment, which would be a grievous error to say the least, they still received a definitive 6%. That's well above their target.

    I'll believe Apple is "in trouble" if, by this time next year, they haven't sold 1 million phones. I'm not sure they'll be able to make that 10 million phone mark, but they should easily make the 1 million mark.
     
  4. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

    OttawaGuy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
  5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
  6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

    2nyRiggz

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location:
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    #7
    Seems like apple would reach their goal and more if this poll should come to pass...I think apple will make it as time go by with the iphone...soon as they open that bad boy up to other phone companies.





    Bless
     
  7. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

    AdeFowler

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2004
    Location:
    England
    #8
    Only 62% said no, which leaves 38% saying 'maybe'. I'd consider that as being very positive in such an established and saturated market.
     
  8. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #9
    In an interview Steve Jobs said 1% of the mobile phone market is what they aiming for...

    6% of that industry isn't bad really...
     
  9. Done-on-a-Mac thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2006
    #10
    Then I retract my previous statement. :D

    I saw the raw numbers & thought "oh man, this looks bad". I am sure other people who don't follow this stuff closely will see what I saw at first.

    The poll could be confusing to some people. The part that says, "Yes, but I am hoping for the price to go down," could be read 2 ways. It could be read "Yes, I will buy the iPhone anyway but hope the price will go down." or "Yes, I will wait to buy the iPhone when the price goes down." So which is it?:confused:

    Some people might click "No" because they read the poll as in the first explanation but were thinking to themselves "No, I will buy the iPhone when the price drops." They click "No" when they should have clicked "Yes", because they are going to buy an iPhone anyway.

    I could be over analyzing the whole thing.
     
  10. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #11
    If that poll is anywhere close to correct then it is very good for apple.
     
  11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

    Chaszmyr

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2002
    #12
    What everyone is saying is true. You can't expect the iPhone to come out and grab the kind of marketshare the iPod has because people don't want to pay much for their phone, don't want to change carriers, or any number of other reasons, but if those numbers accurately reflect the cellular market as a whole we're talking a huge boost to Apple's bottom line.
     
  12. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #13
    In addition to your statement about the market share - companies such as Nokia have a strong brand following... the mobile phone market is tough
     

Share This Page