iPhone Pop-ups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doju, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

A lot of the time I will get a pop-up on my iPhone saying, "Network Lost" "Dismiss/Settings" when I lose my network's connection.

Unfortunately, my house has poor reception to my carrier (everywhere else in my town is fine) so I drift in and out of reception, but up until now (just replaced iPhone) I've never received a pop-up for it.

On 2.0.0 firmware, by the way.

2. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm it's still happning and usually causes me to lose at a game Im playing which as we all know is no fun at all. :( so any ideas where to go in Settings to get rid of this?

3. Martin-UK macrumors newbie

Just wondered if anyone found a cure for this?

Mine has done this since day 1 and although it's annoying, I just put up with it cos i thought it was normal. So I was with a friend of mine today who also had an iPhone and i said something about how it's annoying that i get this pop up every time i lose my signal... To which he replied "Really? I don't" :eek:

So i've been trying to figure out a way of turning this off but can't find it... Does anyone have any solutions? Now i know other peoples don't do it, it's annoying me even more!!!

Thanks your your help guys!

BTW, I'm running 2.1

4. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

5. owaters macrumors member

In settings make sure your 'Carrier' is set to automatic - you may have to wait a while for the full list of carriers to appear. This should fix it!

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Yup, I noticed this too. If you've manually selected your network, you get that incredibly annoying message whenever you lose the signal - as if to rub it in your face: 'You chose this network that keeps dropping, genius!' ... If you set network selection to automatic, it shuts right up. ;)