Iphone, popular??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by David-fr, Sep 15, 2008.

1. David-fr macrumors 6502

Is the iphone 3g, more popular than the old model, if yes why, or why not.
    In my school i've seen like 5 per class(i've 6 classes)

i think is because is less expencive, and is more known, before the iphone was for ppl really into technology or apple fans

what you think let us know. thx

2. rsk137 macrumors member

The biggest reason being, it's more affordable to everyone. At $199 you are on par with all the other smartphones and some of the traditional flip/bar phones. It has all the features of a top of the line for a bottom of the barrel price. As for being more well known, I don't really think so on that one. The original iPhone was well known, it's just that at $500 for a 4G model at lauch was absurd for most of the general public. As the price started to decline, more and more people could justify spending the money on it.

That's just my opinion.

3. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that, But what really impress me is that teen agers owned the phone, most of the ones i know are not really tech guys, plus for us Mms is Huge, it changed the way we comunicate

Top of the line futures dont think so, with my old phone i was able to send, recive files via Blutooth or record video, or take better pics. but the other nice features are justify such as ipod, fully touch-screen
    thanks for your reply

4. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

at my high school all the kids have them cus they look cool and there the new fad.

i have one becasue of the apps, safari, and having my ipod touch(which i use like cray) and my phone in one.

5. rsk137 macrumors member

Parents can now justify spending a couple hundred to have their kid own the coolest phone out there.

Sure, Apple did leave out a few, what would seem as key, features such as the Bluetooth or mms but that doesn't take away from much of the overall handset. Even without the features if you asked just about anyone, they would choose the iPhone over any phone because of all the features, innovation, and ease of use for a very reasonable price.

I do see where you are coming from though.

6. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

Who..

When the first iphone came out, i didnt get to who the product was direct to. to teens;TO EXPENSIVE. As a smart phone, no interprice support. like a regular phone too expensive. but now, price low and can do some bussiness in it.

So parents spend cuple 100's in a phone but this thing in two years cost too much...