iphone port issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejackson1996, Jun 5, 2016.

1. mikejackson1996 Suspended

Hello, people, I have an issue with my phone port I see these two black spots in charging port I tried to use air compressor to clear it out no luck and also used my sim tool to take it no luck at all but I think the lighting port not aligned correctly I might be wrong I posted photos of the issue

Could it be normal wear and use

Attached Files:

2. gurase macrumors regular

I would advise against sticking sharp metal objects in the lightning port. If you need to clean out dust, use a wooden toothpick.

I have black spots in mine too. I believe they are just normal wear. Do you have any issues charging or syncing? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. mikejackson1996 thread starter Suspended

i'm i going crazy
    it charges fine but is it possible that I unaligned the lighting port while cleaning it the top part of the port where the stain is

4. usa1996 Suspended

I have a 6s plus after cleaning it with my sim tool I see the charging port not aligned correctly. I see one tiny gap on each side right before the charging pins and grips is this normal wear and tear or a defect

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Is the phone still charging? If it is, I would say you're fine. If you're concerned that over time that it may no longer charge, I would take it into an Apple store and have them look at it.

6. usa1996 Suspended

it charges fine and I took to apple last Saturday it does charge indeed they say.Should I be worried at this point if the port won't charge.The lightning cable fits fine it but there tiny gap on each side if you look very closely

7. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

8. usa1996 Suspended

i will post pics there on my PC

9. usa1996 Suspended

this the pics I posted it from a different account On the top on the first pic you see a stain I tried removing that with sim card thinking it was dust and on the second pic on the sides I see a tiny gap on each side there not viewable in the picture

Attached Files:

10. SkVan Suspended

That's the way the light's hitting the chamfered slanted edges around the lightning port. It's the same way with every 6s.

11. Argentina Suspended

I have also a 6s 4.7 64 GB rose gold with same issue as picture do all the 6s have the same issue

12. itsray macrumors 6502

also. you shouldn't be cleaning it with a sim removal tool.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I doubt you have harmed anything yet. Just use you phone and enjoy if it is working ok.