Iphone Portable Power Options

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by acemics, Mar 12, 2008.

1. acemics macrumors newbie

I recently got an Iphone and the battery life has been good, but I am looking for a portable power source for it for those times when I am not near an outlet or a computer to charge from. I have found one option called the Ipower Rush http://www.ipowerrush.com which uses 6 AAA batteries and extends the runtime by 50%. Has anyone had any experience with this or some other solution? Thanks!

Vin

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I picked up some Belkin iPod battery packs at Meijer in Michigan for $5 each and it only uses 4 AAs, and last at least 15-20 additional hours. They are on Amazon for $20.

I've also heard that the Griffin TuneJuice works well. Also, creating an Altoids charger would also work, as would the shuffle 1G battery pack or any other iPod suplemnetal battery pack.

TEG

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

this one looks pretty neat, and it looks like it will start shipping this month.

i have a turbo cell charger i always carry with me. works well in a pinch if i'm away from an outlet and am worrying about the charge in my iphone...

4. acemics thread starter macrumors newbie

The Morphie Juice pack looks real nice. $99 is expensive, but I guess if you take into consideration it is rechargeable and you are going to spend $20-30 on something else plus the cost of replacing the batteries in it...

thanks for the input!

5. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac