iPhone porting number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnnyQuest, Mar 5, 2008.

1. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I am currently with Alltel and I'm still deciding whether or not to get the iPhone. I was wondering, if I did, when I activated it and ported my number from Alltel, would that automatically break my contract and the $200 termination fee would soon be billed to me? Or do I actually have to talk to Alltel to terminate my account?

2. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I switched from Verizon and it was automatically disconnected. I didn't have to call them and do it. Once I activated my iPhone on AT&T through iTunes, it took just a few minutes for it to begin working correctly (although they say it can take up to a day or two), and my Verizon service was automatically terminated. I recieved a bill for the final amount I owed on my account. I'm pretty sure they all work in a pretty similar fashion. :D

3. JohnnyQuest thread starter macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Awesome! That's exactly what I hoped would happen. Now all I have to do is convince my parents to let me buy one...(I'm also going to pay the difference between my current bill and the ATT bill)

4. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Cool. :D Wish you the best of luck with that. And in all actuality, the "unlimited data" iPhone plans, are pretty reasonably priced, IMHO. $70 for unlimited data and 1500 texts is perfect for my husband and I. Cheaper than having to buy the $99 data "Smartphone" plan with Verizon. I'm happy.