iPhone possibilities

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BenHoleton, Sep 18, 2008.

1. BenHoleton macrumors regular

I have had my original iPhone 8 gb for almost a year now, and it's by far the best phone i've ever had. There are a few things that would make it almost an absolute necessity to own. Obviously, the 3G helps (I am waiting for Christmas or a 32 gb to come out, whichever comes first), but there are a few apps or features that are still missing.

1) Nike+ for iPhone. It's available for iPod Touch. Why not the iPhone?
    2) Turn by turn GPS. The GPS in it is good, but could be better
    3) There are a lot of mountable car monitors that monitor things in the engine, etc. i would love to see an iPhone app that allows the same thing. Have it plugged into the data port where it could keep my phone charged and give me data.
    4) Voice commands. that would totally rock

I'm sure there more things. That's just what I thought of right now. Of course, i still need better than a 16 gb to accommodate all this...

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) It would be nice, but doubt it.
    2) The GPS is fine for what it does. Turn-by-Turn does require the use of their own maps, as Google Maps cannot be use for that.
    3) The SDK does not the use of add-ons.
    4) It would, but only if we could also use themes so we could have voice activated PADDs.

TEG

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

1) Nike+ for iPhone. It's available for iPod Touch. Why not the iPhone?
    2) Turn by turn GPS. The GPS in it is good, but could be better
    3) There are a lot of mountable car monitors that monitor things in the engine, etc. i would love to see an iPhone app that allows the same thing. Have it plugged into the data port where it could keep my phone charged and give me data.
    4) Voice commands. that would totally rock

1)Only just sorted out byApple and Nike - so it'll happen by the v3 iPhone at the earliest.
    2) Sure. Google's working on Maps, which will at soe point get revisions. But you're talking turn y turn. Which is an app class that's still in development really, and won't be for a few months apparently.
    3) Aren't they mostly proprietary connections etc? You can get basic telemetry.
    4) True.