iPhone Possible DFU Loop?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rhapsodize, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Rhapsodize macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm brand new to these forums, I've just registered today because I'm just about to quit on this iPhone 3GS. I asked my cousin to use her iPhone 3GS just for the weekend because my iPhone 3GS has been having some battery issues, so she let me use it and asked me to completely erase (restore) the phone. So I got the phone and I started to restore it using a 4.3.3 Custom Firmware I "created" using sn0wbreeze 2.7.3. But an error came up (forgot what error, I believe it was a 1600; this was a few days ago). After that, I tried and tried to restore it but there has been no luck. Until I thought of just using redsn0w and trying to just jailbreak it just to see if it would work, and the phone actually got jailbroken but there was no sign of life in the phone so I tried booting it tethered only using redsn0w again, and that ACTUALLY worked. So I started using the phone abit getting some apps and tweaks off of Cydia. I pressed the sleep button and I put it in my pocket for maybe 5 minutes, went to check the time using my phone and the phone would not show the lockscreen no matter what, so I just thought all I needed to do was rejailbreak it because it probably tethered and needed to be reJB'd. So I tried, and guess what? No response what so ever. The phone CAN be put into pwned DFU, but no further.

When I try to restore the phone VIA FACTORY restore with 4.3.5 (non shift-click), iTunes hangs on the "Preparing iPhone for restore" stage of the restoration and brings up error 1601 after a few minutes. If I try to go pwned DFU + TinyUmbrella + Custom/OFW, I will STILL get error 1600. I've tried iRecovery, but CMD comes up with "Got USB. No iPhone/iPod detected" (or something along the lines of that), and I've read that I may have a DFU loop. I've almost given up and I really don't know what to do seeing it's not MY phone.

PS. I updated the baseband to iPad because I needed to unlock and being me, I used the first suggestion on Google and did not know that I could simply use a program like greenp0ison to unlock. This may also be a contributing factor to my problem.
    Also, when I try to restore my phone VIA non shift-click, I can hear the sound Windows makes when a device is disconnected when iTunes reaches the "Preparing iPhone for restore" stage of the restoration.

Please help, I'm desperate for a solution.

2. TechLifeMobile macrumors newbie

Put it into DFU mode and install 4.1 firmware and break the error 1015 loop with iReb. If that doesn't work then use the youtube video. We have run into the same problem because of the iPad baseband. From now on you have to use custom firmware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1dNq5g3Kk

3. Rhapsodize thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Shouldn't need a custom firmware unless your cousin's 33GS has the iPad baseband.

5. Rhapsodize thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, so I used the iPad BB to get the ultrasn0w unlock on my cousins 3GS, so do I need the CFW?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need customs firmware to downgrade to 4.1. At the end, you will get 1015, use TU, Ireb, recboot etc.. to kick it out of recovery and the phone will boot it to emergency screen.

7. Rhapsodize thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've made some progress as I've download 4.1 and tried to restore the iPhone, BUT I get error 28. At least I can get some life in the phone because I get a white screen now :)

8. Rhapsodize thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you guys PLEASE come up with some kind of solution to this problem, I'm starting to give up again. Although I've read on some other forums that I should try disconnecting the battery from the motherboard and leave it out for a bit to drain the battery dry THEN try to update. Is this a viable solution?